cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHICH WEBINAR LINK + CODE IF TAKEN REGISTRATION OUTSIDE OF ZOOM?

mcampbell2093
Listener

We sent out an invite to a webinar via Mailchimp and captured our registrations in a cloud form. 

We now need to send them the link and passcode, however, as not invite and rego's not done via Zoom that I am sure initiates a unique link/code for each user, where do I find the general link that covers all attendeees?   Unsure.  @registration 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi! When you have a Zoom Webinar with registration, each attendee gets their own link. 
If you collect registration outside of Zoom, you need to add them to the registration list. 
Option 1 - add them in the Web portal via a CSV file. It will automatically register all email addresses and send them their invite. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360036179892-Importing-webinar-registrants-by-CSV-upload

Option 2 - if you are also sending confirmations from the 3rd party tool, you can look into the API and add registrants programatically: https://marketplace.zoomgov.com/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarregistrantcreate

When I upload attendees via CSV and select "send confirmation upon registration" it sends everyone a confirmation with a link to "join" but the link actually takes them back to the registration page and makes them register a second time, then go back to their email, and join from the most recent confirmation email. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way to change this? I don't want them to have to register again, the original confirmation email should just direct them to the webinar.

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@MassHireDB this happens when you have more mandatory questions in the registration, than just name and email. 
CSV upload does not yet support adding answers to those questions in the upload. 

To avoid this step, make sure the extra questions are removed, or not mandatory. 

Thank you so much!

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi AnnikaZoom,

That is a really great tip. Is it documented on the Zoom support site?

Regards