cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmix Zoom

itnovum
Listener

we use vmix as camera input for zoom. unfortunately, zoom then optimizes much too aggressively, so that the output quality for the webinar participants is poor. is there anything you can do to make the quality better. thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @karjoa per our documentation on Enabling HD video for Zoom Meetings yes, I recommend meeting the prerequisites in order to support 720p and 1080p from the Zoom side of things. 

Per the dev documentation on the vMix App from the Zoom App Marketplace believe this is possible "Support for up to 720p and 1080p where supported by the Zoom plan and account (refer to Zoom web site for more information)"

Also, stated in that documentation from vMix, "Free Zoom accounts support up to 360p per participant" which maybe what you're experiencing.

All-in-all, it looks like based on the Zoom plan and account type, you should be able to get a higher resolution based on the documentation stated above! Let me know your findings 🙂 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

KayD
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi there,

On the bottom left corner you have the camera icon and next to it a small arrow.

If you click on that arrow you should be able to change your video settings.

In these settings you can adjust the "touch up my appearence" as well as the adjustments for low light etc.

Hope this helps you out.

Kind regards,

karjoa
Listener

Same issue here, I cannot configure the video quality for guests to be above 360p it is so low you cannot even decipher letters. Why is that?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @itnovum @karjoa interesting! So, you can actually test your resolution from Accessing meeting and phone statistics. This will determine your send/receive resolution scale when in-meeting. Lets say your screen size is greater than Xp and the user count in-meeting is greater than or equal to X, that will decrease/increase of the resolution scales to main Zoom window, therefore, sending/receiving 360P or a pixel that fits within the screen size; this my theory though. For the best video experience I suggest Enabling HD video for Zoom Meetings which you will need to be a pro, business, or enterprise user for send/receiving 720p and 1080p. Hope this info helps! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the response. I have enabled HD though I am using free account because I'd like to test the latest vMix/Zoom integration first. I can also purchase the license should it work, yet for now how can I be sure this is going to provide me proper quality? Also vMix have replied to me that Zoom uses high compression ratio and therefore the quality might be poor. I am a demanding consumer because I'd like to use it for broadcasting purposes (adding remote guests/experts/commentators).

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @karjoa per our documentation on Enabling HD video for Zoom Meetings yes, I recommend meeting the prerequisites in order to support 720p and 1080p from the Zoom side of things. 

Per the dev documentation on the vMix App from the Zoom App Marketplace believe this is possible "Support for up to 720p and 1080p where supported by the Zoom plan and account (refer to Zoom web site for more information)"

Also, stated in that documentation from vMix, "Free Zoom accounts support up to 360p per participant" which maybe what you're experiencing.

All-in-all, it looks like based on the Zoom plan and account type, you should be able to get a higher resolution based on the documentation stated above! Let me know your findings 🙂 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks a lot, I was searching for this information on the vMix site and that indeed might be the issue.