cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video quality very low despite broadband connect

HEC
Listener

I have been having enormous trouble with sharing both powerpoint slides and videos on my screen, despite having a 850Mbs connection. Videos and Powerpoint slide transitions or animations are very choppy, all over a delay some 2 seconds between my actions (eg. pressing a play button, or clicking from one slide to another) and the result participants actually see. 

Is there any way to improve this? While I am happy to accept a 1280 × 720 resolution over 4K or even full HD resolution, I really need the frame rate to be at least a proper 25fps if not higher so that my fade transitions (for slides) and movements (for videos) are decently smooth. Right now everything is both blurry and choppy.

What can I do to achieve this or something better?

2 REPLIES 2

Ian
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi HEC!

When sharing a video make sure to enable "Optimize for videoclip" before sharing the video. You can find the how-to here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202954249-Optimizing-a-shared-video-clip-in-full-screen 

If this doesn't work, can you check in the client: Settings -> Statistics -> Screen sharing. That tab will allow you to check for packet loss, latency and other handy troubleshooting tools to see if your network is working the way it should be working.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @HEC, it looks like @Ian replied to your question! Did this answered your question? If so don't forget to mark it as a solution! Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!