cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add As Panelist

KatherineP
Listener

Dear Zoom Community,

My university is having an academic conference through Zoom events, and yesterday I was unable to add one of the speakers as a panelist. It kept coming up with an error message. He said he used the correct link to log in, so we don't know what happened.

Any ideas?

Katherine P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@KatherineP Unfortunately without the error number I'm unsure what may have been the cause. 

However, I do suggest that next time this happens you take a screenshot and report it directly to our Zoom support team to investigate as they can engage our backend team if needed. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support 

If this answer was helpful, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

J-Zoom-ATL

@KatherineP Were you getting an error message when trying to add this panelist during your scheduling phase or was the panelist getting an error message when trying to join the meeting after being added?

What was the error in either (both) cases being received?

It was during the meeting. As the host, I was getting the error message. They were scheduled to be a panelist, and I was pressing the right buttons to make them one. They wouldn't move.

J-Zoom-ATL

@KatherineP What was the error message?

I can't remember (which doesn't help). It was just a number.

Might not be able to figure it out without the number.

J-Zoom-ATL

@KatherineP Unfortunately without the error number I'm unsure what may have been the cause. 

However, I do suggest that next time this happens you take a screenshot and report it directly to our Zoom support team to investigate as they can engage our backend team if needed. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support 

If this answer was helpful, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.