cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trialing Zoom Events

mdhtpot
Listener

Hi All,

I'm just trialing zoom events - using summit function for what is actually a 3 day event but setting up as 3 summit days as the multiple day function not yet available. 

Having only used zoom meetings before. I now understand I can record the event sessions to the cloud and that will give me access to them without being able to do anything in event, but I can still download the recording via accessing my pro zoom account? 

Question #1 is....is the record like meetings? i.e when I record in meeting I can download multiple record types...one with all participants on view, one with just slides and speaker and other with just slides for example. I would like this function in events recording but I can only see it says it will record host, speaker and attendees...but will there be variations of the recording with just speaker and slides in my zoom account?

Question #2 is I'd like to hide number of participants as we have ticket sales for live or on-demand attendance and no most attendees will watch on-demand. So don't want the recording to show whether there was 50 people on or 500...is this possible? 

Question #3 if I can't record just slides and speaker in events / summit - has anyone hosted a whole day of varying speakers in one accessed webinar?  Is that even possible?

Sorry - very new to this and been thrown in the deep end with coordinating with tight turnaround. 

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @mdhtpot, for Question #1 you can look into some Cloud Recording details here.

For Question #2, I believe this is what you're looking for "Record Host and all participants with video and audio enabled must be enabled before you can turn other features on. Record Host and all participants with video and audio enabled: By enabling, you will be able to record the event. The record button will appear in the event controls and you will have to start the recording manually. All participants' with their video and audio enabled—including the Host's—will be recorded."

Question #3 - Your recording settings from https://zoom.us/profile/setting apply to all recordings via meetings and webinars hosted on Zoom events or just a regular Zoom meeting/webinar. 

Hope this helps! Our apologies for the delay in responding to this great discussion! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!