Community Champion | Customer

Learn more about the new Zoom Production Studio

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1683259381700.jpeg

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

4 REPLIES 4

acswebinars
Listener

This looks intriguing, and combined with Backstage should make it much easier to create a better looking experience for virtual-only events. But...what about hybrid events that need to integrate multiple cameras in the room with the online panelists? Because (as far as I can tell) Zoom can only accept one camera feed at a time on my computer, I'm currently using an external switcher (OBS, Blackmagic ATEM, etc...) to switch between the multiple cameras in the room, or create side-by-side scenes, and send that into Zoom as a virtual camera or virtual webcam. Are there plans to allow multiple cameras connected to the computer to appear as separate "sources" in the Zoom Production Studio for true hybrid multi-cam scene creation combining online panelists with various camera angles in the room?

This would be fantastic. At present I am either using a Blackmagic hardware switcher to handle multiple cameras, or eCamm Live to do it in software. I would be VERY pleased if Zoom Production Studio did the switching / layouts for multiple local sources too.

mgstark
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @gilcarter Production Studio is currently intended to allow you to produce professional content all from the Zoom application with an easy way to create scenes, switch layouts, and multiple Zoom sources (as well as Zoom Rooms, SIP/H.323 devices).

When dealing with a number of local camera sources they are still treated as a single input/participant so it is best to control the switching locally and then produce the final mix in Production Studio at this time.

Mcdz9
Listener

Ola