cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for Live Translated Captions from English to French, Spanish, Arabic for Multi-day even?

Paul_Wiedmaier
Listener

Dear Zoom Community, 

I am looking to use Zoom Webinars to run a small virtual multi-day "conference". I would like attendees to be able to change the language that the captions appear into the language of their choice. I know this is not something Zoom provides, but would love suggestions for third-party addons that may fit our needs. 

Essentially, I need what the Presenter in the webinar is saying to be automatically captioned live into multiple languages. Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Paul (wiedmaier121@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Paul_Wiedmaier 

We've just launched translated captions and will be rolling this feature out to more accounts in the coming months. 

Take a look at our support article and see if this would suit your needs! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Live translation transcription in on the Zoom product roadmap for next year.  I know that doesn't help you now 😉

Bort

Hi @Paul_Wiedmaier 

We've just launched translated captions and will be rolling this feature out to more accounts in the coming months. 

Take a look at our support article and see if this would suit your needs! 

This is awesome! Thank you for replying with this solution. 

- Paul 

Thanks @Bort !

The information states:

• Once a different language is chosen, the captions will be generated and translated into that language for you. Other participants can choose a language for their captions independently of your chosen language.

While doing our practice sessions in Zoom Webinar, I was assigned as an attendee. I followed the steps to change the caption language but it only gave me the option to change the language for all attendees. The selected language displayed for the other attendee and all the panelists too.

Was this supposed to happen? The Zoom material said each attendee could change to their preferred language independently.

Thanks!

Kim

Bort

Hi @KMCalPERS 

I just tried to replicate this, but wasn't able to do so. That could be that I don't have the exact same combination of settings, versions, roles, etc. 

I'd suggest making sure everyone is on the latest version of the Zoom app, and testing again. I know there were some minor changes to captions around the holidays, so it may be resolved or affected by that. 

I'll updating those articles soon, so I'll be sure to verify those details.