cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers vs Panelists

gbbetts
Listener

We are setting up a conference in Zoom Events. Each of our panels has a moderator and panelists. It seems that panelists don't get the profile of speakers (image, name listed in agenda), but that speakers can only be assigned special tickets (ie free). Is there a way to have the panelists' pictures and charge them a full price ticket? Thanks for any insight into the different roles of speaker vs panelist. I wasn't able to find any details on my own. 

5 REPLIES 5

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi gbbetts,

If you would like to highlight your Panelists to be profiled in the agenda, then the Speaker role (with its free ticket) is the best option.  However, if you want them to pay, then the only workaround I can think of is to invite them with a different ticket that is labeled "Panelist-Speaker".  They would register with that ticket.  It is a bit of a manual process to keep up with because you have them listed as a Speaker, technically they will have two tickets.     The other option would be to highlight the Panelist in the "about this session" section and not provide them a Speaker ticket,  just the paid ticket.   Please note you can manage the emails that everyone gets (ie...don't send a Speaker ticket invite email); so that may be an option as well.  

Hope this helps.  If your question has been answered, please consider marking as solution accepted in order to help others. 

Thank you,

Nancy

gbbetts
Listener

Thanks for the suggestion. So, the Speaker Role has to be a free ticket? Okay, then I guess the highlighting is workaround. We are an academic association, though, so everybody who is presenting is expected to pay. I would love to include images of each panelist with the panel.  Highlighting them in the about this session is just a text description, correct? 

nancyc

Yes, the Speaker role is a free ticket.  Highlighting them in the session description is just text only. 

Thank you,

Nancy

gbbetts
Listener

Thanks Nancy,

I just put in a feature request to get more control over the Speaker. Really, all I would need is a toggle that lets hosts select which ticket to assign to Speakers. 

nancyc

Hi Gbbetts,

Thank you for your contribution.  I agree that is a great feature request.  I will keep a lookout on my side for it.  We will try our best to work through it.

Thanks again,

Nancy