You're invited to Zoomtopia 2022! Our annual user conference will take place in the Americas on November 8-9 and in APAC, Japan, and EMEA on November 17.Learn more about our hybrid event experience
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Explore over 1,500 apps in Zoom App Marketplace
Documentation for building on Zoom's platform using APIs, Webhooks, and SDKs
Resources that help developers evaluate & build with our solutions
Post your questions and get help from our developer community
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
I just ran a 2-hour event on the new Zoom Events platform, one main panel followed by two simultaneous breakouts, all in webinar format. I tested everything couple of times with assigning alternative hosts to the breakouts so I can jump back and forth from one breakout session to the other and keep the breakouts running.
However, during the event, when the time came to launch the breakouts simultaneously, both alt hosts started their session on time, however attendees were able to join only one of them. The other session started, speakers began talking but attendees were not able to see the join the breakout session through the "Join" button in the Lobby.
There was nothing I could do to restart the session or anything else.
Here are couple of hypotheses of why that happened:
1. We kept the main panel running while we opened simultaneously both breakouts which means we ran 3 sessions at the same time. However, all sessions were running with the speakers assigned to them, only attendees were not able to join one of them.
2. I let both breakouts to be launched after the practice session by the alternative hosts, and not by me, the main host
3. Technical glitch. Although this format was tried and tested and it worked
How we tried to mitigate it and what we did before the event to prepare:
1. We did multiple dry runs testing all the functions we wanted to use prior to the event, including with mock up attendees, and real hosts and panelists
2. We tried to create a new session and get everyone from the faulty breakout to join it, however we abandoned this idea and we went back to the main panel session and continued there
3. We tried looking for real time support channels, but such are non-existent, therefore we were not able to access problem-solver instantly
Please share your thoughts, as I have not experienced such a thing before, thank you in advance!
Interesting problem. They rolled out a new version yesterday (5.9.3), maybe that caused a problem? Or maybe participants who had an issue were on older clients? hard to tell. I'm happy to run a test with you. You are invited to join my FB group for Zoom Events