cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated Live Webinars

CarolineTHI
Listener

We currently use GoToWebinar who offer a simulated live option so that you can pre-record a webinar but then set it up to broadcast at the date and time of your choosing so that it appears live. Is this a feature available on Zoom webinar? I can't see anything that suggests it is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PK
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi! I know your needs may have changed over the past year or so, but I just wanted to chime in to say that Zoom now offers the capability to host simulive webinars that start automatically at the scheduled time with pre-recorded content. It requires either a Zoom Events or Zoom Sessions license. You can learn more here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/12338105688205!

This feature allows host to set up an auto-response to Q&A, as well as chat with and respond to Q&A during the session.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Sof
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @CarolineTHI , thank you for posting your interesting question in the Zoom Community!

Zoom offers a solution called webinar on-demand. This feature allows you to schedule a webinar with registration and record the webinar automatically in the cloud. After the webinar, registration will stay open and anyone who registers will receive a link to the cloud recording. The host will receive registration information for both live attendees and others who register to watch it later.

On-demand webinars have to be recorded on the cloud, and they require registration.

You can find all the details in this knowledge article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000489183-On-demand-webinars 

In case this answers your question, don't forget to mark one as a solution by clicking Accept as Solution. Thanks!

Hey Sof

thanks but this isn't exactly what I need. I want to pre-record the webinar and then auto-play on time and date of my choosing, rather than users watching on-demand when they want. (we do that too on GoToWebinar but after the initial broadcast).

Sof
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hey @CarolineTHI , thanks for explaining.

As an alternative you could host a live webinar where you share a pre-recorded presentation of another webinar. 

Reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059914112-Host-live-webinars-with-pre-recorded-presenta...

In case this answers your question, don't forget to mark one as a solution by clicking Accept as Solution. Thanks!

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

You cannot automatically open a zoom.  You need to start the zoom webinar and then you can play out the recording using share screen\advanced\video.

donrua
Listener

It sounds like the  answer to Caroline is "No, zoom does not offer a simulated live experience like GoTo, stealthseminar, everwebinar, and some others."
live with recording is not the same
on-demand is not the same
If I'm incorrect, and zoom does offer the tools to pull off a scheduled, simulated, automated 'live' webinar using a recorded version, I'd like to know as well.

gmasters
Listener

The devil is in the detail, - what seem like minor differences in description can make a big difference in operations, especially when doing volume production/multiple events.. Zoom needs to up there game in this area. Customers that prefer Zoom to other platforms for meetings would like to standardize on Zoom for other applications like this but are forced to use others for specific use case and be 'multivendor' which includes accommodating significant user interface and support differences.  Improved Integrations w marketing automation like Pardot could help too.

toddparmley
Listener

I know I'm a little bit late to the party here, but I highly recommend eWebinar. They have a Zoom integration that lets you automatically pull in any of your cloud recordings.  Here they are in the Zoom App Marketplace: https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/L-Y2IvlTQViAZijAFS61ug. Once you've imported the recording into eWebinar, you can automate the whole experience and make it interactive. They have a unique chat feature that lets you reply to attendee messages DURING the recorded webinar. Or you can respond later at your convenience. Either way, customer inquiries don't fall through the cracks. Definitely worth a look if you're looking to breathe life into your pre-recorded webinars.

PK
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi! I know your needs may have changed over the past year or so, but I just wanted to chime in to say that Zoom now offers the capability to host simulive webinars that start automatically at the scheduled time with pre-recorded content. It requires either a Zoom Events or Zoom Sessions license. You can learn more here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/12338105688205!

This feature allows host to set up an auto-response to Q&A, as well as chat with and respond to Q&A during the session.

Hi PK,

Does the pre-recorded content have to be a previously recorded Zoom cloud recording? Can you stream any video file - it doesn't have to be initially recorded through Zoom?

Thanks!