cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Breakout Rooms for Zoom Event Conference

Niecy6977
Listener

I am hosting my first virtual conference next week.  There are simultaneous sessions going on throughout the 2-day conference.  We will have small group networking.  I want these small group networking sessions to be named breakout rooms so participants can select which room to go to.  I am lost as to setting up these breakout rooms in advance.   Additionally,  how do I go about letting participants select which session they will attend (i.e. at 10 am there is a  Cyber Security and Financial Fundamentals happening)?

3 REPLIES 3

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Niecy6977,

Setting up breakout rooms in advance is not a feature within Zoom Events.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Do you have room in your schedule to create small meetings for those small group networking sessions?  Breakout rooms would only be available inside a running meeting.   Regarding session attendance, the Attendees can join the Lobby and bookmark sessions.  Then those sessions will show in their itinerary.    Please review this link for details on the Attendee experience: Getting-started-as-a-Zoom-Events-Attendee 

If this helped, please consider marking as solution accepted. 

Thank you,

Nancy

jogyth
Listener

I really need pre-configured breakout rooms to be possible in a Zoom Events Conferance. Could this please be added to the feature request list? 

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The way that zoom events is set up is that you really don't need breakout rooms as much.  You set up seperate sessions which people will access via the lobby.  You can have up to 13 meetings in paralel (officially) but apparently you can have more.  Let me know if you like to test it out in my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros