cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a single-track one-day conference as a Webinar with one link

Nitka
Listener

Hi there!

Has anyone had any experience running a one-day single-track conference on Zoom with the Webinar feature (not Events)?

• What are the best practices regarding speakers/panelists joining the sessions? How not interrupt the speaker who is presenting at the moment but still let other speakers be on standby?
  • Should I turn off the option "video -  hosts" and, when they join, permit them to turn on their cameras?
  • What is important to remember when having a couple of speakers "in the waiting room" (with their cameras off)?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

akash676766
Listener

Did

akash676766
Listener

Call

RoboEvents
Listener

Me!  I generally get all speakers together in rehearsal mode an hour before the start time for a tech check and rehearsal.  If everything is fine they turn their cameras and mics off until they are reuqested to turn them on by the Chair / host.  We also have a background What's App group so that we can give speakers a 5minute warning of when their session is about to start.  I make it clear the the Chair / host is like a radio presenter who has to step in if someone forgets to turn their microphone on, slides aren't working etc.  So you don't get everyone doing it or no-one doing it 🙂 Hope that helps.