cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Zoom events published for different subaccounts

Ashwin95
Listener

Hi

Im trying out a scenario, where my root account has mulitple sub accounts.

If I create a Oauth app and add a feature for event subscription. This will result in events being notified for events from all the subaccounts. Is there a way I can control which subaccounts im interested to listen to ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

When setting up the event subscription, you should be able to set the scope to:

All users in the account

All users in the account and subaccounts

Only users who have installed this app

For your scenario, you could select 'All users in the account' and you should only receive events for the master account.  To receive events for a subaccount, you would need to install the application on that subaccount.

Alternatively, you could subscribe to the account and subaccount and have your app filter inbound events based on account.

Thank you!  I hope this helps.

Rick

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Arps

Hello!

When setting up the event subscription, you should be able to set the scope to:

All users in the account

All users in the account and subaccounts

Only users who have installed this app

For your scenario, you could select 'All users in the account' and you should only receive events for the master account.  To receive events for a subaccount, you would need to install the application on that subaccount.

Alternatively, you could subscribe to the account and subaccount and have your app filter inbound events based on account.

Thank you!  I hope this helps.

Rick

Hi That worked well as suggested by you. Wanted to know some more ways of filtering.

Here I came across this event notification filtering option in `Apps On Account` tab.

I tried adding Engineering as the department filter value. I was expecting to receive events from sub accounts(who installed this app), who does not have Engineering as their Department name. But i was able to get events. 

So not sure, if my understanding is wrong with using this filter? Am I missing something ?

Screenshot from 2022-01-04 11-52-40.png

Ashwin95
Listener

Hi That worked well as suggested by you. Wanted to know some more ways of filtering.

Here I came across this event notification filtering option in `Apps On Account` tab.

I tried adding Engineering as the department filter value. I was expecting to receive events from sub accounts(who installed this app), who does not have Engineering as their Department name. But i was able to get events. 

So not sure, if my understanding is wrong with using this filter? Am I missing something ?

Screenshot from 2022-01-04 11-52-40.png

Arps

Hello!

So if you put Engineering in the filter, you're still getting the events for accounts that have installed the application but the do not have Engineering?

Yes I'm getting events even for accounts that do not have Engineering.