cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require confirmation FROM registrant

OfficialsLB
Listener

I am looking to see if anyone has found a way to request a confirmation from registrants. This is a feature that Calendly has but I can't find a way to do it in Zoom for webinars (or meetings for that matter). See the image attached to how Calendly describe this. To be clear, I am not talking about the confirmation that goes out from Zoom on our organization's behalf. 

Ideally, I would like an email to go out to registrants 24 hours before the event asking them to confirm their attendance. I would love these to go into the event report in Zoom as CONFIRMED registrants, so this is a feature add. But for now is there a way to send an email asking them to reconfirm and receive an email when they have confirmed? I can see this is possible if I set up Zaps that add them to a group in my Mailerlite, then schedule an email with a link they can click to reconfirm that then automatically adds them to a new Mailerlite group called [Event Name] Confirmed, but that seems a HUGE pain to have to do for all our events. 

Do you have a workaround for this? If not, would you also like to see this feature added?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

The original issue: I have a recurring monthly free webinar. Typically people sign up to all of them but only attend a few. I have 450 registrants on the report but 100 show for the live event. I would like more accurate numbers of how many will actually attend. 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @OfficialsLB --

First of all -- I love Calendly!  And so do my clients.

I know the type of functionality you're looking for, but I don't think you're going to find anything like that directly from Zoom any time soon.  Look in the Marketplace to see if maybe there's an add-on for that.

For some of my clients, I've successfully used Eventbrite as the registration platform, and there is a significant email capability built in there -- though I don't think you can request/require answers from them to confirm attendance... but they might be more willing to add that functionality or help you with finding a clever way to do that.  There is a good Eventbrite-to-Zoom Webinar data feed for your registrants/participants which is relatively easy to turn on, and takes care of the cross-platform registration interface. If you'd like to chat about Eventbrite, look for the Inquire link on my web site and use the Calendly scheduler -- it's too involved to go over here.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !