cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Raise Hand Button

bc1234
Listener

I am hosting a webinar but do not want attendees to be able to see/use the "raise hand" button. How do I remove that option for a webinar?

Also, is it possible to prevent other panelists from seeing the # of participants/attendees and their names?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

On the bottom-right of the panelist, window click on the ... triple dots button and uncheck the Allow Attendees to Raise Hand. With this unchecked, they will not see it or be able to use it.

I don't believe that it is possible to hide the # of Attendees from the panelists.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ZoomTestKitchen

On the bottom-right of the panelist, window click on the ... triple dots button and uncheck the Allow Attendees to Raise Hand. With this unchecked, they will not see it or be able to use it.

I don't believe that it is possible to hide the # of Attendees from the panelists.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

That feature doesn't exist when I'm host or co-host. We have between 400-500 attendees every night and zoom bombers have utilized the raise hand feature to post their pərn. They raise and lower their hand over and over so it's difficult to catch and remove them. There's been a few times that the wrong person gets inadvertently removed. 

We have a limit of 1000 people and since there's so many people certain days, more zoom bombers are a real nuisance.

Greetings we really need some help with the hand raising.  They toggle it on/off at high speed so it's hard to eject them if you don't have experience to use the attendee list.  Zoom need a way to just turn off reactions.  PLEASE HELP!  

JoniMitchell
Listener

Click the ellipsis (...) icon right underneath the Chat tab, then uncheck "Show attendee count." Both registrant and attendee numbers will now be hidden from attendees and presenters while they remain visible from the host's side in the Studio. That's it!

I don't think this is possible. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @bc1234, you have some responses that may be worth noting! Did any of the replies resolve your discussion? If so, don't forget to accept any of the replies as the solution. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

HappyDestiny
Listener

So Zoom has only made it possible for webinars?

Too bad. Zoom bombers are pretty foul at times putting bumps in the Road of Happy Destiny. They use the raise hand feature to place their selves right on the front page. It would be nice to be able to disable that feature. 

If they are on the "front page" then you are referring to Meetings. You CAN turn off the hand raise function in Settings.

Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 12.37.03 PM.png

TubeGuy
Listener

I still have not found a solution.  We simply need to toggle off reactions during the first half of the meeting

You CAN turn off the hand raise function in a MEETING. In the Settings.

Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 12.37.03 PM.png