cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording session in 2 files : why ?

David_Lavigne
Listener

Hello, 

When i record my events (>7 hours), it is split in 2 files (06:34:03 + 40:52) instead of one.

Do you know why ? 

And is it possible to do something to have only one file ?

Because, some of my old events recordings are also > 7h but are in only one file video so i do not understand...

Thank you for your help.

David 

Capture d’écran 2022-09-19 à 12.19.40.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@DeniseLahat @David_Lavigne,

Found the answer here, team. 
The max raw data (before encoding and muxing into a MP4) file size is 5.8GB. If the raw data exceeds that, the recording will split into another file.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ccameron

@David_Lavigne,

Generally, when recordings are split like this, it's because the recording was stopped, then resumed again during the meeting. If the recording is paused, then resumed during the meeting, the recording will stay in 1 file.

I hope this helps! If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

Actually i've had this also.  It appears that Zoom will automatically stop/start a recording to split the files after about 3-4 hours.  I don't know exactly how long or when this change was implemented as I also have old recordings of over  hours.  Now I actually make a note to stop/start myself in breaks to prevent random cuts.  

ccameron

@DeniseLahat @David_Lavigne,

Found the answer here, team. 
The max raw data (before encoding and muxing into a MP4) file size is 5.8GB. If the raw data exceeds that, the recording will split into another file.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

DeniseLahat

Great!  Thanks for shedding some light on this mystery!  But still beyond the user control so better to stop/start after 3-4 hours.