cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded webinar

Josephine1611
Listener

Hi, 

I would like to use a pre-recoded webinar/ Zoom meting for my webinar and then at the end go for a live Q/A

It means the first part (the presentation) of my webinar is recorded and the Q&A will be live

My questions are 

• Can I use Zoom meeting recordings for the pre-recorded beginning
  • How can I play the recording during the live webinar
  • How do I switch form the recorded part to the live Q&A at the end of the recording.

Many thanks, 

Kind regards, 

Josephine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Josephine,

Here is a support article that explains how to do what you're looking for
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059914112-Hosting-live-webinars-with-pre-recorded-prese...

Zoom Webinars allows you to share a previously recorded session as a video file within a live session with live chat and Q&A. Zoom supports this through its built-in video player. Sharing your video with the built-in player improves the quality of the shared video. The webinar host simply needs to have a locally stored MOV or MP4 file of the previously hosted meeting or webinar session and share the video file within the webinar.

Why show a pre-recorded presentation within a live webinar?

• I have the same presentation to deliver to different audiences but want to encourage interactive chat and Q&A with each audience
  • My presenters are only available for one time slot but I want to give the same presentation to different audiences in their timezone 

I hope that helps! Please mark the reply Accept As Solution if it does.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TomO

Hi Josephine,

Here is a support article that explains how to do what you're looking for
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059914112-Hosting-live-webinars-with-pre-recorded-prese...

Zoom Webinars allows you to share a previously recorded session as a video file within a live session with live chat and Q&A. Zoom supports this through its built-in video player. Sharing your video with the built-in player improves the quality of the shared video. The webinar host simply needs to have a locally stored MOV or MP4 file of the previously hosted meeting or webinar session and share the video file within the webinar.

Why show a pre-recorded presentation within a live webinar?

• I have the same presentation to deliver to different audiences but want to encourage interactive chat and Q&A with each audience
  • My presenters are only available for one time slot but I want to give the same presentation to different audiences in their timezone 

I hope that helps! Please mark the reply Accept As Solution if it does.

@TomO one more question. I assume you will be able to run live polls during the recorded part of the webinar

TomO

You may want to test that out. I'm not sure if it would allow you to share video then overlay a poll on top of it.

Hey, @TomO and @Josephine1611 ...

I was curious, reading your post and replies, whether a Host could play a video and then open a Poll while the video was playing... so I tried it.  It works!

The attendees will see the Poll show up in the middle of the video (it initially appears centered on the screen), but they can move it  to the side -- but only have a little leeway on reducing it's size,  so maybe pause your video (which you can do from the Share Screen Video Player window) while conducting the polls.  Then, after voting, when you share the results, the window goes back to where the viewer had moved it... and subsequent questions/polls also go there too.

GoodClix_Zoom1_0-1663946730667.png

Yay!  Seems like this works well.

Looks like I was logged in as my alternate/testing account. 😎

Josephine1611
Listener

Thank you Tom!