cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Zoom Events

Teffels
Listener

Hi all,

Really excited about Zoom Events. I have a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with:

• If I want to host Meetings and Webinars in Zoom Events, it is necessary that I have a Zoom Meetings license as well as a Webinar license, correct? Zoom Events does not replace that, it kind of provides the platform to host Meetings and Webinars, correct?
  • In terms of recording capacity, does Zoom Events provide additional Cloud Recording Capacity or will I have to make sure I have enough recording capacity available to create a Recording Library by for instance, purchasing additional cloud storage?

Thank you for the help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Teffels, 

Zoom events works on the same platform that zoom webinars worked on as well and uses similar pricing models. https://zoom.us/pricing/webinar you can view them here. It does come with 1gig of cloud recording space with your purchase of a webinar license so if you are thinking of creating a library of recordings then it might be in your best interest to purchase more cloud recording storage. 

You can purchase a zoom meetings license and a webinar/events license with the same account. Just depends on what it is you are trying to accomplish. If you desire to have zoom meetings and events then it would be in your best interest to purchase both licenses on your account. When you go to your profile page you will see your licenses under account where it shows your current licenses. https://zoom.us/profile. I hope this is helpful.  

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

If you have a Zoom Meeting Pro license, you buy the Zoom Events license it will include a Webinar license for 500 but the Zoom Events using Zoom Meeting is for 100 participants.  You need to add a large meeting to expand to 500 or 1000.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

YaBoiB

Hi Teffels, 

Zoom events works on the same platform that zoom webinars worked on as well and uses similar pricing models. https://zoom.us/pricing/webinar you can view them here. It does come with 1gig of cloud recording space with your purchase of a webinar license so if you are thinking of creating a library of recordings then it might be in your best interest to purchase more cloud recording storage. 

You can purchase a zoom meetings license and a webinar/events license with the same account. Just depends on what it is you are trying to accomplish. If you desire to have zoom meetings and events then it would be in your best interest to purchase both licenses on your account. When you go to your profile page you will see your licenses under account where it shows your current licenses. https://zoom.us/profile. I hope this is helpful.  

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

DeniseLahat

If you have a Zoom Meeting Pro license, you buy the Zoom Events license it will include a Webinar license for 500 but the Zoom Events using Zoom Meeting is for 100 participants.  You need to add a large meeting to expand to 500 or 1000.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Teffels, there are a few responses to your discussion that are worth noting. Have any of these helped you find an answer to your question? If so, don't forget to mark a response as a solution!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Teffels
Listener

Thank you @YaBoiB  and @DeniseLahat for your responses! Very helpful and much appreciated!

i am new can you guide me

YaBoiB

Hello @Akshadha1129,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Can you please post the questions that you have about Zoom Events please? We have many resources on our support.zoom.us page. If you could review those resources by typing "Zoom Events" in the search bar and then if you have any question surrounding how something works, we will be happy to help you however we are able. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

👋hi i am akshadha1129

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the community!
If the solution that I have provided works for you, please click on the "Accepted as Solution" button in the bottom right corner.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion