cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about billing refund

BryanHo
Listener

Hello guys. I am kind of desperate here. The story of mine started on June, 2022 where I was trying to purchase a one month Webinar 3000 for my organization in order to hold a conference.  I sent out email to Zoom and reached by their sales team. 

Everything ran smoothly on the beginning and I confirmed an order of a Month Webinar 3000 plan. Then things started to go chaotic. 

Before confirming my order, I was informed by the sales staff that they would offer me with a "promotion" in enjoying a "Pay only 1 month for Webinar 3,000 or Webinar 5,000 and get a 5 month free subscription. (exact wording from sales staff). So I just accepted this promotion, which was the beginning of my nightmare. 

Then, I saw a "prorated charge" on my zoom account and reached the sales to ask about it. But no alarming response was received. Therefore, I ignored it for a while. But, as I checked my credit card transaction, there was this prorated charge on my bill. So, I emailed the sales to enquire about this unplanned transaction. Unfortunately, my sales began to be less responsive with my emails. It left me no choice but to send another enquiries to the Billing and Zoom Info emails. 

The frustration kept building up when there was no clarification on how to fix this charge on me. Then, after a month, I was charge again for the Webinar 3000. As I was promised that I would have a 5 month free subscription, so I did not cancel the plan on my account. 

Long story short, my initial sales staff dropped out on my case, and Zoom assigned another staff to handle my case. But ironically, the current sales staff would need to contact the previous sales to understand the progress of my case. It took about 2 months now, and there are still no clear confirmation on when will they proceed a refund or what is the status. 

The most frustrating part is, I have been emailing them week by week, and they are seriously not responsive at all. I am having a very bad experience here, hope no one would ever need to go through the same thing. 

2 REPLIES 2

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BryanHo and thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm so sorry for the frustration this situation is causing you! I've reviewed the tickets that you have open with our Billing team, I do see that they are currently escalated, and I have reached out to your Account Executive here at Zoom. I will follow up with you as soon as I have more information.
Best,

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Dear Virginia @VA 

I would like to know if there is any update in my case?

It has been a week (22/8/2022) since I sent an email to my account executive to request an update on my refund. But NOT A SINGLE WORD HAS BEEN GIVEN to me. Now my credit card bill is due, and I have to pay for this nonsense again from my own pocket. 

Thank you very much

Bryan