cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-recorded webinar with live Q&A at the end

Josephine1611
Listener

Hi, 

We would like to pre-record our webinar and play it to an audience at a set time so it looks like a live webinar. However, at the end of the webinar we want to go live and do a live Q&A? 

I have a couple of questions 

• Will participants be able to post questions on chat during the pre-recorded part of the webinar?
  • Will I be able to record the pre-corded webinar and the live Q&A as one video so that I can make it available on demand and it looks like one video?

Thank you very much in advance for your help? 

Josephine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, the Q&A can be on during the replay.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomTestKitchen
  • It's easy enough to play a pre-recorded video file into a webinar.  Playback can be achieved in several ways... vMix, OBS, VLC, Zoom Share (frame-rate might be a challenge), and many others.
  • Chat can be turned-on/off during the webinar. So, you can choose when to make it available and not. If it is a large webinar then I wouldn't recommend using chat for Q&A. It can get ugly in a hurry trying to manage. Use the Q&A that is built into Zoom Webinar.
  • I get the sense that you are anticipating a visual that gets recorded of Q&A. Is your Q&A going to be the audience submits questions and a live, on-camera person answers the question? Or, something different.
  • I can see being able to record the webinar that is actually a playback of a pre-record and then at the end of that pre-record bring on the live talent to provide the Q&A session while the recording is still rolling.
  • The end result would be a recording that included the playback and live Q&A that you could make available on-demand.
  • This would take some good planning to ensure a clean initial recording is made that can be used for playback, and the playback system in the real webinar, as well as the transition from playback to live Q&A. But, it can be done.
  •  
@ZoomTestKitchen

Hi Jeff, 

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. 

Yes the Q&A is going to be that the audience submits questions and a live, on-camera person answers the question. Can we have the Q&A turned on whilst the pre-recorded bit is playing. This way the panel who will answer the questions can prepare some of the questions for after when the pre-recorded bit finishes and the panelists go live. 

Many thanks, 

Josephine

ZoomTestKitchen

Yes, the Q&A can be on during the replay.

@ZoomTestKitchen