cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants List During Meeting

MicheleK
Listener

I have been running Zoom Webinars with Windows 10 for over a year now and today (for the first time), I could not see the participant names in the Participant window during the webinar !   I had 12 people attending and only 2 or 3 names showed in the Participants window.   They could all use Chat and use Q&A, but I could not see them in the participants window and therefore they could not raise their hands, and I could not activate their microphones.   Also, only those people who showed in the participants window were able to see the Poll I launched too!

I tried ending the webinar and updating my copy of Zoom and then re-booting my computer.  I then started the webinar again and they all joined in and same problem occurred.  Seemed to randomly show a few names only and all others did not show (different names showed this time).

I then tried ending the webinar and creating a new webinar.  I got them all to sign-in to the new webinar.  Still had the same problem.  I have no idea what is causing this problem.  I have been running webinars all week and have not had any issues (no issues over the last year for that matter).

Can anyone help??

1 REPLY 1

anissat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I'm venturing a guess that this was happening during the 2nd Amazon cloud services outage in 2 weeks 12/15-12/16, and you very well may have been caught up in a "perfect storm" scenario. We were also seeing similar issues with some of our meetings. 

Have you had an opportunity to test again? If so, are you still having issues? I'm curious...

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat