Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay

Jochen
Listener

Jochen_0-1637831794139.png

Hello everyone,
I have had this black bar on my overlay in the view of the participants for about 1 week. I see the participants, but they see me and this black bar. I didn't have this problem before. Is this possibly due to a new software version?

Thanks for your support.

4 REPLIES 4

arman_n
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi Jochen,

Does this happen whenever you are Screen Sharing? If yes you may want to take a look at Showing Zoom windows during screen share

Note: By default, the Zoom window and meeting controls are not shared while sharing your screen. This could be the reason why there is a black bar in front of your screen.

Jochen
Listener

Hi Arman,

Thank you for your prompt reply. For me as the host, there is no black bar visible in the split screen. I can see the participants in the gallery view.

However, since this week the participants have seen this gallery view of me, with themselves as a black bar. Before, they only saw me!

As a result, the participants can no longer see me completely!

Jochen
Listener

Jochen_0-1637848553134.png

Here is an example of what I see. I see the split screen and the participants.

But the participants see the split screen with the black bar (see first photo)

arman_n
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Jochen,

Does this happen only when you do a Screen Share? Because if Showing Zoom windows during screen share is disabled then Participants in your meeting will see the black bar where your Zoom App is currently positioned.

Otherwise, if this persist. I would suggest that you submit a ticket.

You can submit a support ticket here: 
  • Submit a Request
  • Make sure you're signed in to your Zoom account whenever you're submitting any tickets as a paid user (preferably the owner or admin)
  • Include information such as (if applicable):
    • Meeting ID
    • Impacted User(s)
    • Screenshots
    • Details (date, time, duration, errors)