cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once entered, a poll is now available in every webinar?

suzannef
Listener

Hi all. It looks like Zoom made a recent change to how polls are displayed. We offer monthly educational webinars and have polls specific to that webinar topic. When we enter in the polls for one webinar they show up in all the webinars now. This will get very confusing. Is there any way to not allow/disable this?  

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @suzannef.

Read this Zoom Support article for information:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sys_kb_id=45b4eefec3ea7510a80f2965e00131bc&spa=1

Note that putting your polls in the Polls Library makes them broadly available. Also, if you have recurring webinars (as opposed to a newly scheduled webinar for each session) polls might be available across the entire recurring series (I haven’t tested that, so I’m not 100% sure).

Ray - Office Hours at GoodClix.com
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

ecmo00011
Listener

I haven't found an opt-out setting for saving polls to the library or to having them populate in every meeting (or webinar, apparently) you have scheduled. I don't use recurring meetings, but polls from one are copying to all my other single meetings. I don't understand why they thought this would be helpful. 

mdiaz
Listener

I don't need my poll questions to be added to each training webinar.  This is ridiculous, each webinar I have has specific questions (polls). Now I open the polls and I have a list of them duplicated all over my webinars.

WebinarZoomUser
Listener

We also hate this feature - All polls and quizzes are available for all webinars. Such a bad experience finding the right one when you are live. 

ajmoen
Listener

Just chiming in to say this feature is not helpful for our use case either. We run 5-7 educational programs every day and many of our presenters use polls. This will become impossible for them to navigate. I'd love to have a library and be able turn on specific polls for specific programs, but having to go in and delete old polls for upcoming programs using different polls is very time consuming.

Shahnaz
Listener

I really have no idea who came up with that idea!!! This is soooo rediculous!

Ray_Harwood

@Shahnaz -- it's no longer that way.  When creating a poll, you now have the OPTION to designate it as being attached only to the current meeting, or put into a library for wider use.

Ray - Office Hours at GoodClix.com
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !