cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting/Webinar description customization

afoley
Listener

Is it possible for Zoom to give users more customization features for the "description" field in when scheduling a Webinar or a Meeting? Right now I can't change the font style (bold, italics, underline) or include a formatted list. WebEx does this and my users really appreciate the customization. 

16 REPLIES 16

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @afoley,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! If you are an admin of your account we have customization options listed in your webinar settings https://zoom.us/account/webinar/setting listed here. What kind of customization of the description field are you looking for? 

Regards, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

I would also like to point out this support article as well if you have not had the chance to review it yet. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002548166-Customizing-webinar-branding-settings

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

How do I do this for meetings?

YaBoiB

@BradDRS , 

If you are the owner of admin or have the admin role to access branding for your account then you should be able to use a plethora of branding and email customizations in the advanced > branding page on the web portal of your account. 

https://zoom.us/account/branding#/meetings

Please let me know if I have answered your questions thoroughly. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

AshleyHamilton
Listener

I don't see the option in the original response about allowing formatting such as bullets or bold/underline in the webinar description. Is this possible? 

JoeT
Listener

@YaBoiB 

Brandon - since you replied to earlier requests, I tagged you for this one... I have admin access and that is not where I need to make customization to the webinar topic and description. 

I need to customize the description in the description area when I am creating the webinar. In addition, the description field does not allow me enough characters to provide all information I need for people to register for the webinar since it is a recurring series with different topics for each subsequent webinar in the series. I cannot bold, italicize, underline, bullet point, etc. And there is a character limit on the description field, which is currently unknown what the actual limit is for us. 

I have added a screenshot of the area I need help customizing the text when setting up a webinar. 

Thanks!

Joe

sahiradv
Listener

Joe, were you ever able to sort out this problem? I'm in a similar situation where I would like to include some additional formatting in the registration description of the meeting such as bold font and hyperlinks, but all the versions of markdown I've tried don't seem to work. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

JRuizdelaHoz
Listener

Hi,

I'm looking for the same. How can I format the description of a meeting/webinar with basic text formatting?

Thanks

YaBoiB

Hello @JRuizdelaHoz

If you click into an already scheduled webinar you can edit the description, but as @JoeT pointed out, there is a limitation on characters to that description field, so you will have to be as descriptive as possible with the limitation of characters that you have. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

ErinK
Listener

Exactly! Been searching everywhere to figure out how to change font style or add bullets to the webinar description, to realize it's not possible. This needs to change. @Anonymous please fix. 

YaBoiB

Hi @ErinK

Zoom welcomes all feedback at the page zoom.us/feed. Many of the products and functionalities of the Zoom Webinars have been changed based on Feedback from our wonderful customers, so this would not be listed as a “fix,” but we would see this as an enhancement. If enough customers want the same thing, our team will likely add this to the product as an enhancement. 

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 12.16.12 PM.png

I do know that there is a branding section of the product now where you can add a lengthy description. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Laura1313
Listener

Hi everyone!  I found a way to add bullets and characters to the Zoom descriptions,  it may not give you much variety.  If you're using a device that has a Windows button on your keyboard, hold that and the key with the blue dot, in my case it would be the . key.  From there a window will pop up and you can select an emoji, shapes, and currency that can be dropped in the description.

LukeM
Listener

Yeah, I really wish we could add more than simple text to the description. Even just a few options like bold, bullet points, italics would be useful.

Bill_S3
Listener

I second LukeM's request.

AmberOAITH
Listener

The basic functionality of adding formatting to MEETINGS (versus webinars as often mentioned in the support responses) is very much needed!

kplay
Listener

Zoom is the worst when it comes to formatting a simple registration page for a webinar. And support keeps sending me links to the stuff I already know - banners, logo, etc. (Not to mention those capabilities are really, in a word, lame.) I would like to bold some text in the description and put a bulleted list for an agenda. Can't be done. We're moving away from Zoom and this was part of the discussion.