cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost video content

Not applicable

I am teaching as a guest lecturer at another institution and was prompted to switch my account. Foolishly I didn't read the fine print and all my video content (about 20 one-hour long videos) were transferred to the new account. Neither institution can now access  the videos. I don't want to have to redo then all and they must be in the cloud somewhere. Can anyone help me recover them? 

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If these were cloud recordings they should have transferred with you. If you sign into https://zoom.us (or you may have a new link to sign into but try that one first), in the Personal section there should be a "Recordings" tab you can click on the left. Click on that button and you should see your recordings. 

jeremyjustin_0-1643608216568.png

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thanks. I looked there. There were no recordings under cloud recordings. There are some under Local Recordings but when I tried to open them I get, 'You must sign in with the same Zoom account on the web to open this link' and Error code: 124. Just to fill you in bit more, I had all my recordings in the cloud through my institutional account. I switched accounts to another institution to teach a course as a guest lecturer.  I didn't read the small print about the transferal of all content to the new account. I raised this with both institutions and the guest school said they had no access to the videos and then cancel my account with them. My regular institution reset my account but it doesn't appear to have recovered the video files. The prospect of redoing them all (interviews with global scholars who generously gave their time) for this semester's offering of the course is disheartening to say the least. 

jeremyjustin

Hi there, to help bring the quickest resolution to this I believe we need to open a support case for you so that someone can reach out and dig deeper to help find your recordings and get things back on track. I requested a support case be opened for you and one has, you should be seeing a notification in your email. If you could respond back there to the support agent and provide as many details as possible, that will be the next step! 

I know this hasn't "fixed" the issue per se but if you have found this post helpful, please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" below. Others will still be able to add to this posting. Thanks!