cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Transcriptions/Captoions from Spanish speaker to English captions

emw16-06
Listener

Has Zoom added this option yet? I am looking for captions in English from Spanish speakers.  Can I find this in zoom or does it require a 3rd party app? Is there an app in zoom marketplace that provides live caption during zoom meetings?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @emw16-06 –

This functionality is not yet in Zoom, and we’ll require a third party software or service.  I’m not aware of any Marketplace app that does this. 

I’ve heard that Zoom is looking into something like this, but it’s likely still a long way off. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Is this still true in May 2023? We did a zoom call with Spanish speaker, watched live and saw English captions but when we play the recording adding the vtt subtitle file, it is in Spanish. How do I get the subtitle file in English? Thanks for the help.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @jha9000 

Interesting. This Zoom Support article says that the VTT file only supports English:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Audio-transcription-for-cloud-recordings

Is the recording you mention a Zoom Cloud recording? Or from some other source?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

jha9000
Listener

Yes, it is a zoom cloud recording. When we watched it live the cc was in English - they were speaking Spanish. But when we downloaded the vtt file to watch, the captions were in Spanish.