cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Launching Polls in a Zoom Webinar from Backstage

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

If you have a Zoom Events license, you have access to a fairly new feature called Backstage.  For general information about this feature, see this Zoom Support article.

There was a question on the Zoom Events Pros Facebook group about launching Polls from Backstage:

In Zoom Events can you launch a poll from backstage and the attendees see it?.. or do you need to be in the webinar for the attendees to be able to view the poll?

I answered:

I havenā€™t tested this specifically, but I believe you can launch a poll from Backstage. There are things you canā€™t do from Backstage: Share Screen to attendees, speak to attendees, show your video to attendees.

This morning, I ran a quick test just to confirm my answer. Here are a few screen shots, with the ultimate answer being, Yes, you can launch Polls from Backstage.  It really works just like any other Poll.

The Host was Backstage, and this is the normal Poll 

PanelistHost-Backstage-Screenshot 2023-03-28 092951.png

The Panelist "on stage" (Zoom's terminology is "in the Webinar" -- a term I dislike, since we're really all in the Webinar!) sees this:

Panelist-Onstage-vMix Capture 28 March 2023 09-28-31.jpg

And the attendees see this:

Attendee-vMix Capture 28 March 2023 09-29-11.jpg

After stopping the poll, only the Host sees the Poll window, and when Sharing Results, the Backstage Host, the Onstage Panelist, and the Attendee all see the results similar to a normal Webinar without Backstage.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !
2 REPLIES 2

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thanks for highlighting this @Ray_Harwood šŸ†

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

AMAZING info here @Ray_Harwood!

āŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆ
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? āž”ļø Check it out!