cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit on pre-recorded Video length when sharing via Screen Share>Advanced>Video>File

L_Hawk
Listener

I am trying to troubleshoot a past issue that I wasn't present for.

Is there a limit to the duration of a pre-recorded video when shared via Screen Share? 

Would a longer video cause payback issues such as intermittent audio and a 'fuzzy' video for viewers. 

Play back was during a Webinar. 

I am looking into other causes such as file type, connection speed, client settings etc, but this is the one thing I wasn't sure about. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @L_Hawk.

How long are we talking about? I’ve done video-sharing of hour-long prerecorded sessions before without issue. MP4s encoded in Adobe Premiere Pro. 

Never do this over Wi-Fi – always user hardwired connections. Look at the Statistics menu of the Settings window – specifically the Screen Share stats. 

Underpowered computers (small RAM primarily) could also be a culprit. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @L_Hawk.

How long are we talking about? I’ve done video-sharing of hour-long prerecorded sessions before without issue. MP4s encoded in Adobe Premiere Pro. 

Never do this over Wi-Fi – always user hardwired connections. Look at the Statistics menu of the Settings window – specifically the Screen Share stats. 

Underpowered computers (small RAM primarily) could also be a culprit. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

L_Hawk
Listener

Hi Ray, 

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations. The file was about 1.5hrs, good to know you have had success with and hour long one. We have a similar playback scheduled next week so will ensure hardwire and check ram on the playback/control laptop. 

Thanks!

Lisa