cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simplify sign-in for attendees on a multi-session Zoom Events?

SarahD
Listener

We have set up a multi-session event. We are trying to figure out how to skip the sign-in part on the Zoom desk app with the link. We wish that participants enter only their name and email address or they could even sign-in anonymously.

Even with the link and not using the tickets, attendees have to sign-in with a password on the Zoom desk app which complicates things, and we are afraid to lose attendance or having to deal too much with delays and IT assistance the day of the event. Is there a way to skip the sign in with the desktop app?

Thanks,

Sarah

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom Events depends on all attendees being signed in to a Zoom account. It is a core part of the authentication process, and can’t be bypassed – with one exception: a direct link can be generated for a speaker to enter an event directly with a link, but this can only be generated no more than an hour in advance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4420816429197-Joining-a-Zoom-Event-with-a-direct-join-link... 

Note also that the Zoom Events experience is likely unusable for phone and tablet participants. Many Zoom Event hosts have reported issues with this – including me. Desktop (Windows and Mac) should have no problem. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hello Ray!

We are facing so many issues with our speaker logins. How did you generate your links? We are not able to do this! We lost two speakers today, tomorrow is the second day and I want to make sure everybody will be able to log in. 

Ray_Harwood

This Zoom Support article has all the information:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4420815371149-Inviting-Speakers-with-a-direct-join-link

You can only generate a link no more than an hour in advance of their session. 

Thank you Ray!

AustinP
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hey @Ray_Harwood , thanks for sharing! The Zoom Events team has received several requests to expand that timeframe. As of May 1, Hosts can now create direct join links up to 7 days prior to the event start time! @julianamaziero and @SarahD , please let us know what you think of this feature for helping Speakers quickly, and easily join your Zoom Events!

As for simplifying the registration process, have you explored the pre-registration function? You can explore more in the 'Tickets' section of this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061475271#h_01FYPWH9RGDSJ2Z7VJS5CBMNG9

Here's a descriptive article outlining the process for pre-registered attendees to join a Zoom Event: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5468938287373-Completing-pre-registration-for-free-or-paid...

As always, we welcome your input on how this process works! Please feel free to share here!

Ray_Harwood

@AustinP -- thanks for the information!  I'll certainly share with other Zoom Events users I'm working with on a regular basis.

I love the ability to send Join Links up to 7 days in advance, though I have a concern that some folks might start using it as a quick-fix for a regular attendee who is having problems getting in... or maybe this is an acceptable use.  I definitely get that some speakers aren't going to want to "learn Zoom Events, Lobby, Sessions, etc." and will just want the link.

I'll review the registration documents you mentioned.  Honestly, we've had lots of questions in a Facebook group and Tuesday morning discussion sessions.  Would be great if you could attend one of these!  We had Sam Kojajko and Andy Carluccio on a couple of weeks ago.  If you're interested, please contact @DeniseLahat who has been organizing the majority of this activity.