cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I play music before starting webinar?

ShaunnaTerry
Listener

I would like to share music from my laptop to attendees while they are waiting for the Webinar to start.. how do I?

9 REPLIES 9

igorn
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

Typically this would be accomplished by using the share option in the Webinar. Share ->Advanced->Computer Audio Only would allow playing of music from your machine into a Webinar.

If this was helpful, please click Accept as Solution below!

RobF

HI @ShaunnaTerry 

In the share screen menu, there is an advanced tab that allows you to share audio and  video.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412661227789-Managing-advanced-screen-sharing-settings

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

ShaunnaTerry
Listener

unfortunately, that is not working for me...

vescamilla

Hello ShaunnaTerry,

If you are sharing content and also want background music, you will need to do the following:

1. Click "Share Screen" and select what you want to share.

2. In the lower-left corner, click the checkbox for "Share sound."

3. Click the Share button.

When sharing sound, the volume on your media player (e.g., iTunes, Spotify) will determine the volume for your attendees. Therefore, make sure that the volume is at the correct level and that your computer is not muted. Please note muting your microphone via the Zoom controls will not affect the computer sound.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution." Thank you!

What about getting the right music licenses if I'm using Zoom for business services? Can anyone answer how to go about doing that, since Spotify is for personal use?

Does the person sharing have to be the host or a panelist? We tried this last time (during a webinar, not a meeting) and it didn't work. 

It depends how you have the webinar/meeting set up: can everyone share, or only hosts/cohost/panelists?

Not working for me either.  And I am using the most recent  update as well

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Share Audio as described above requires the Sharing settings (click the little arrow on the Share menu button) is set to only allow a single sharer at a time. If it is set to allow multiple people to share at the same time, it would be very confusing to hear audio from a screen you are not actively watching, so audio sharing is disabled if multi share is enabled. 

Another lightweight way to share is to use the Music app from Zoom: https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/WyRms5oLSPqEnYaMHq7zuA