cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I start a webinar in 720p or higher

Goerck
Listener

Hello There.

I have still the situation that we send out in 640x360 which is to less for my needs.

How can we i improve this? The group HD Function is enabled, also the HD Function in the camera settings.

Many thanks

Goerck

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

HD was never disabled globally. It became limited - and enabled by request.

If you have already successfully requested "Group HD" enabled on your account, either at 720p, or at 1080p on a Business, Education, or Enterprise account, this setting should be available to your Webinar. You should just need to select HD Video when setting up your Webinar.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Group-HD

If you do have "Group HD" enabled on your account, but you aren't seeing the "HD Video" options when setting up your Webinar, then contact Support.

You can also bump any 360p Meeting or Webinar up to 720p (even without having Group HD) by adding a collaboration device, like a Facebook Portal or an Echo Show, as a participant to your event.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

DeniseLahat

Also make sure to be in FULL SCREEN on at least the SEND and 1 RECEIVE computer to get 720 (once enabled).  For webinar there is also a "HD for attendees" which you don't see unless Zoom enable it for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert

Hi @Goerck 

When you create the Webinar in the web settings, ensure you select "Enable HD video".

Hope this helps.

Rupert

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @Goerck 

As HD was disabled globally, there may be some things that Zoom may have disabled on their end. I think that the next option would be to reach out to Zoom Support for further analysis and investigation. You can find out more on reaching support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support. I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Rupert

HD was never disabled globally. It became limited - and enabled by request.

If you have already successfully requested "Group HD" enabled on your account, either at 720p, or at 1080p on a Business, Education, or Enterprise account, this setting should be available to your Webinar. You should just need to select HD Video when setting up your Webinar.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Group-HD

If you do have "Group HD" enabled on your account, but you aren't seeing the "HD Video" options when setting up your Webinar, then contact Support.

You can also bump any 360p Meeting or Webinar up to 720p (even without having Group HD) by adding a collaboration device, like a Facebook Portal or an Echo Show, as a participant to your event.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

In my testing, there were two Cisco Collaboration devices in the Webinar and the resolution bumped to 720p only for panelist and not for attendees, attendees remained in 360p receiving.

DeniseLahat

Also make sure to be in FULL SCREEN on at least the SEND and 1 RECEIVE computer to get 720 (once enabled).  For webinar there is also a "HD for attendees" which you don't see unless Zoom enable it for you.