cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hollywood Squares game activity

sweep119
Listener

We want to host a Hollywood Squares event for our organization and I wanted to make sure I can create the functionality. We are creating a webinar with 9 panelists; however, we're unsure about adding two contestants. The panelists would be spotlighted so that they appear on the screen at all times, but we do want to see or hear the contestants as well as the host. 

3 REPLIES 3

KelNic
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello @sweep119 and thanks for your question!

You can spotlight a maximum of 9 panelists in a webinar. If you want a host and two contestants to be visible to the audience as well, I would recommend not using spotlights and instead set the Attendee View to 'Gallery' and make sure that any other panelists who should not be visible have their cameras off and stay muted. Camera-off panelists will not be visible to the audience. 

Best,

Kelly

If this response was helpful for you, please do not forget to click on the accepted solutions button!

sweep119
Listener

Hi @KelNic! Thanks for your incredible insight. Based on the game, the panelists must be spotlighted because they must appear in the same place on the screen. Do I have that correct about the spotlighting? The host and additional 2 contestants, do not necessarily need to be on the screen at all times, but they must be heard (and possibly seen when they are speaking, if at all possible). I'd love to know your thoughts.

KelNic
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @sweep119 ,

If you have 9 panelists spotlighted, the additional 3 people would be heard if they are speaking but not seen. You are correct that spotlighting will pin the panelist videos in place. If you want to see the contestants and hosts when they are speaking, I would do gallery view and have those three people mute and stop their video when they are not supposed to be seen. Please let me know if that doesn't answer all of your questions.