cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide host during webinar screen share

Librarycat
Participant

I suspect this cannot be done but I really would like to find an answer to this!

I am the host and presenter of a webinar.  I am presenting content. But, when I share my screen, I'd like to disappear to the attendees: I don't want them to see my video, profile picture, or even the black box with my name. I just want to be gone - poof!- until the screen share is over and I come back as a presenter. I have one other person with me as a co-host, but she also needs to remain invisible, so spotlighting her is not an option.

I have read everything I can on this topic, and I cannot find an answer! HELP, please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Librarycat.  You’ve come to the right place – I do this all the time!

The first secret is in setting the Attendee View’s Standard setting, which (a) is only available while Screen Sharing, but (b) is not available to a Host or co-Host who is Screen Sharing unless you enable Dual Monitor mode. 

Do you have any co-hosts present?  If you do, it will be easier – ask one of them to change the Attendee View to Standard after you start Screen Sharing.   If you don’t have co-hosts, the only way to do it yourself is either to log in via a second device or enable Dual Monitor before your Webinar is started. 

The second secret is to turn off all cameras. If any cameras are on in Standard View, they will be displayed in the “floating video” window. 

With Standard View for the attendees and all cameras off, no panelists or hosts will be shown to attendees. 

I like to log in as an attendee to verify what they’re seeing…  I have several small “utility” PCs available, since I produce Webinars and Events for others a lot. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @Librarycat.  You’ve come to the right place – I do this all the time!

The first secret is in setting the Attendee View’s Standard setting, which (a) is only available while Screen Sharing, but (b) is not available to a Host or co-Host who is Screen Sharing unless you enable Dual Monitor mode. 

Do you have any co-hosts present?  If you do, it will be easier – ask one of them to change the Attendee View to Standard after you start Screen Sharing.   If you don’t have co-hosts, the only way to do it yourself is either to log in via a second device or enable Dual Monitor before your Webinar is started. 

The second secret is to turn off all cameras. If any cameras are on in Standard View, they will be displayed in the “floating video” window. 

With Standard View for the attendees and all cameras off, no panelists or hosts will be shown to attendees. 

I like to log in as an attendee to verify what they’re seeing…  I have several small “utility” PCs available, since I produce Webinars and Events for others a lot. 

Ray, thank you so very much! I am excited to give this a try!

If I wasn't screen sharing at the time - just me and another person talking in gallery view when I am the host, how can I disappear - would I use the same approach?

I always have a laptop set up as an attendee - it is too confusing to not be able to see what attendees are seeing!

Thank you again!

Ray_Harwood

If you are not Screen Sharing, there’s no way to have nothing visible. You can leave your camera off, but either your name or profile picture will show. 

Consider getting the free OBS Studio and creating an “info card” that you can feed from OBS to Zoom via the OBS Virtual Camera – that at least gives your attendees something to look at.