cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Event Regions

Daniel69
Listener

We're intending to offer a global Zoom event for our community that is paid. I see a list of accepted countries, but am wondering if there is a way to still offer to those outside the Zoom list of regions.

It appears that making it a FREE event would open it up to every country; do I understand correctly? If so, perhaps we could charge them separately and register them manually?

Any guidance is valued.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jonathanscott
Listener

I have the same issue. Europe is my main market and Zoom Events is restricted to just 12 of the 44 countries in Europe. So i accept registration payments off the Zoom platform for just those outside Zoom's regions (i have a separate page on my website) and then upload each as a pre-registered attendee on receipt of payment. Important...when you pre-register them, make sure you select "No" to "Do you want this guest to register for the event" (see attached). Otherwise, they will face the same problem and be blocked when they enter registration data.

In my case, most attendees are within Zoom's regions so it is only an occasional issue. But if a large number of yours are outside Zoom's regions, you may want to do ALL registration off site as the downside of my work-around is that I don't collect registration data on those I pre-register and many end up emailing when they initially start registering with Zoom and encounter the geo-block.

I have a test site running concurrently with my live event so i can experiment as issues like this arise. As with all things in Zoom Events, test, test, test before you implement. Good luck.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jonathanscott
Listener

I have the same issue. Europe is my main market and Zoom Events is restricted to just 12 of the 44 countries in Europe. So i accept registration payments off the Zoom platform for just those outside Zoom's regions (i have a separate page on my website) and then upload each as a pre-registered attendee on receipt of payment. Important...when you pre-register them, make sure you select "No" to "Do you want this guest to register for the event" (see attached). Otherwise, they will face the same problem and be blocked when they enter registration data.

In my case, most attendees are within Zoom's regions so it is only an occasional issue. But if a large number of yours are outside Zoom's regions, you may want to do ALL registration off site as the downside of my work-around is that I don't collect registration data on those I pre-register and many end up emailing when they initially start registering with Zoom and encounter the geo-block.

I have a test site running concurrently with my live event so i can experiment as issues like this arise. As with all things in Zoom Events, test, test, test before you implement. Good luck.

Daniel69
Listener

Thank You Jonathan.

So are You still accepting paid registration where You can through Zoom and doing the rest off-site? Then, Zoom has no issue letting them join so long as they're registered by You manually beforehand?

Daniel

Hi Daniel.

Yes, majority of registrations come through Zoom - which is obviously the most convenient. And, has the advantage that the attendee has to login with the email address they use to buy the ticket, thereby avoiding problems on the day of people not understanding they need to login etc.

Those outside zoom-supported countries pay off-site, and are pre-registered by me manually. Zoom lets them join if you select the "no" option mentioned in my previous post as this bypasses registration altogether. I've tested this with attendees in no-zoom countries and they are able to access the lobby when pre-registered in this way.

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@Daniel69 you are also invited to join my FB group for testing out Zoom Events features together https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros