cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery postion while sharing my screen

Phil_S
Listener

Hello,

I want to share a PowerPoint presentation during a webinar event I'm hosting.

On my screen, while I'm talking people through the presentation, I want to see the camera gallery at the top of my screen (showing myself and my co-host) and the PowerPoint presentation below it (WITHOUT the camera gallery obstructing my PowerPoint presentation).  Is this possible?

I have attached a rough illustration of what I (as the person sharing my screen/PowerPoint presentation) want to see on my screen.

Thanks,

Phil

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Phil_S,

Sorry, I don’t see any attached image. But you’re not going to get this to work unless you have two monitors and put your Zoom Client in Dual Monitor mode. See the General tab of your Settings. Without Dual Monitors enabled, you’ll get the thin green-and-red floating menu bar and possibly a small strip of videos (up to 6, I think) from the gallery. 

With Dual Monitors enabled, your primary window still becomes the green-red floating bar, but your secondary window can be set for gallery view, and you’ll see 25 to 49 participant videos, depending on your computer and bandwidth. If you only have 2 or 3 to show, they will be larger than the tiny version you see in single monitor mode. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Phil_S
Listener

Thanks for the reply. I suspected as much. I am looking for a simple option as I have several co-hosts who have limited computer knowledge. And I don't think multiple monitors will be an option for them.

I'm not sure why the image didn't appear but I have reattached it here.

Ray_Harwood

I see the image now.  Yeah, not really possible with only one monitor.  I even tried enabling Dual Monitors on my single-monitor test station, hoping that the "extra window" would still show... it doesn't. 😞

But when screen sharing, the person doing the sharing should be able to see video of other participants:

Ray_Harwood_0-1668696008739.png

The floating menu bar highlighted in purple at the top, the displayed video highlighted in red in the upper right - everything else on the screen is being shared.  The video strip is also floating, and can be moved around as needed, so the presenter can see his/her own presentation details.

Here's the trick you might be missing: when "Sharing Screen," don't share the screen... share the specific window with the content you want seen:

Ray_Harwood_1-1668696439287.png

This way, there's no ugly black boxes that hide parts being displayed, or the possibility of Zoom windows showing. 

If, as many do, you are sharing a PowerPoint Slide Show, always look for the window labelled "PowerPoint Screen Share".  See the presenter guide I created on Screen Sharing here:
https://meetingsandwebinars.com/userguides/how-to-screen-share/ 

Maybe in all of this, you'll find an approach that your presenters can easily deal with.  When I'm producing someone else's webinar, I'm always ready to start the screen sharing myself (I ask all presenters to provide me a copy of their slides into a DropBox Request folder in advance).  I've had some people say "I absolutely must have my presenter's notes on screen" but can't follow these instructions to share the Slide Show content while manipulating their slides in the notes view; ultimately I end up either convincing them to print their notes, or let me share their slides - or both.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !