cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free ticket option for Zoom Events

Shannon19
Listener

I am creating an event for my organization that needs to offer a free ticket to only specific people (it's complicated because of requirements of their employer). Is there a way to easily this? I know there isn't a promo code option yet and that I could create a free ticket, but is there a way to limit who can select that option beyond just saying it is for a specific organization?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

You can create tickets any time before and during the event.  What special roles do you mean?  

View solution in original post

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Shannon19 typically you create tickets when you are going through the process of creating a Zoom Event, before you publish the event. But you can also come back into the Event after the Event has been published and add tickets. 

If you are creating a conference and you invite a guest speaker for instance, they will get a special ticket type. So will people like Alternative Hosts if you add them. You will see those ticket types show up on the last page, the ticketing page, when you get to that point. Then below the default ones that are created based on how many guest speakers, alternative hosts you add, you can also add additional tickets. 

One other cool thing, when you are building out your Event, let's say you are building a Conference within Zoom Events. You can add different "tracks" as you are building out sessions. You just type in the words for different tracks that you may want people to follow and be a part of and they will be added into your Event. Then on the ticketing screen, you can select which tracks go with which tickets. Or you can create tickets that have access to all tracks/sessions. Using this method you can control which sessions people have access to. If you send 20 people a ticket type with access to only certain tracks, they will see sessions from all tracks in the Event list but only be able to attend the sessions they were invited to, per the tracks that are associated with their ticket.

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jeremyjustin

Hi @Shannon19 thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If you are using the Zoom Events platform it is possible to create ticket types for certain groups/emails and send them out as free, then create other ticket types for other groups/emails and designate them as paid. This support article talks about how to host a Zoom Events Conference, and towards the bottom there is a section about "To add tickets for Attendees"

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061475271#h_01F4VX1473B8YN4G8PRVTCABHJ

For more information about Zoom Events please feel free to check out these links:

https://events.zoom.us/

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/4415032574861

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

I think this should work, but it brings up another question. How do I create special roles/special role tickets? Can this only be done when the event is published? 

jeremyjustin

Hi @Shannon19 typically you create tickets when you are going through the process of creating a Zoom Event, before you publish the event. But you can also come back into the Event after the Event has been published and add tickets. 

If you are creating a conference and you invite a guest speaker for instance, they will get a special ticket type. So will people like Alternative Hosts if you add them. You will see those ticket types show up on the last page, the ticketing page, when you get to that point. Then below the default ones that are created based on how many guest speakers, alternative hosts you add, you can also add additional tickets. 

One other cool thing, when you are building out your Event, let's say you are building a Conference within Zoom Events. You can add different "tracks" as you are building out sessions. You just type in the words for different tracks that you may want people to follow and be a part of and they will be added into your Event. Then on the ticketing screen, you can select which tracks go with which tickets. Or you can create tickets that have access to all tracks/sessions. Using this method you can control which sessions people have access to. If you send 20 people a ticket type with access to only certain tracks, they will see sessions from all tracks in the Event list but only be able to attend the sessions they were invited to, per the tracks that are associated with their ticket.

Also, can I add to this list at any point? Is it limited to only before the event is published?

DeniseLahat

Hi Shannon, if you like to run a test you are welcome to join my FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros

DeniseLahat

You can create tickets any time before and during the event.  What special roles do you mean?