cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 105035

csylvester
Listener

I am unable to share my screen and receive the error code 105035.  This is something new to this week.  Any quick tips?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yeoalice329
Listener

Hi Guys, you may update the latest version of Zoom software, I just did that, it works perfectly for me now.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

igorn
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

First suggestion would be to use the Clean Uninstall Utility to uninstall and then reinstall.

You can find the link to the uninstall tool here: Clean Zoom 

If this was helpful, please click Accept as Solution below!

I've had the same issue - i went to uninstall and reinstall - still not working

please help

Hi, many people in my organisation are getting the same message (the past week) and we can't fix it.  Can you help please?

lle
Listener

This is still a lingering issue for us too and it's not specific to any hardware.  @Anonymous, is there a fix identified yet?

Carmino
Listener

Hello, I have the same issue. My hardware is an iMac 27"  with macOS Catalina, version 10.15.7 and I am using a desktop client of Zoom (Version 5.11.1 (8356)). I've tried to unistall and reinstall but the problem remains the same. The CleanZomm above is an .exe file, so it doesn't work on Mac. Please, I have some urgency to fix this...

Out tech guy was able to fix it.  I’m sorry I don’t know how. Uninstalling etc didn’t do anything.  There is a glitch in the latest update. I will ask our guy to give me something I can share.

in the meantime, a workaround is to pin yourself to the screen when presenting.  And ask participants to do the same (little three dots on your image top RHS - pin you to screen).  Not ideal but it works. 

im pretty pissed off with Zoom - very slow to resolve it and are not coming forward with solutions.  Shitty service…

kellymecham
Listener

Same issue. Closing and updating Zoom does not resolve it.

Moljac2481
Listener

Same issue - Mac user and the uninstall hasn't worked...

Dorthe1
Listener

I have the same issue as well, on an iMac. Never had it before today! 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Please try the following when uninstalling: 

Uninstall the Zoom client, empty the Mac trash, click on the apple logo located at the top left-hand corner, click on About Mac, click on software update (apply if any), reboot the device, re install the Zoom client. let me know if these steps help resolve the issue.

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Dear CarlaA,

I's using Windows10 Pro, and recently can't share from Zoom and show error code 105035.

I've tried to re-install and it didn't work.

Please help to tell if has other solution.

Thank you.

same here!! please a solution

Hi @Jessie_Jessie and @JLHA70  , please try the following: 

1. Open Task Manager and go to Detail > Cptservice
  2. End the Cptservice process
  3. Open Zoom Client and try to start screen sharing. Note: cptservice should start immediately.

Let me know if that helps! 

Carla

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

didn't work, I unninstall, install a non updated zoom version that was on my downloads and voila!! my screen sharing works again

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JLHA70 , I'm sorry to hear that did not work. Would you be able to try something else? Once you have updated to the newest version of Zoom, kindly check if you're using Apple File System Case-sensitive via Disk Utility.

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.53.33 PM (1).png

If yes, please navigate to the following path: Applications/zoom.us.app

When you go to Applications > Zoom > Kindly right-click on the Zoom icon and choose "Show Package Contents". 

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.20.01 PM.png

Then click on Contents folder > Frameworks folder then modify the folder name from “CptHost.app” to “cpthost.app”.

If that does not work, please let me know! 

Carla

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi Carla,

Does the Zoom Support/Dev team know what could be the potential source of this issue and why file names are being changed and then needing to be reverted?  What is the source of this glitch? 

Has a viable solution been found?

Many thanks!

Nikkadimis

DocYock
Listener

Just got this error today. Tried all the above and nothing works. REALLY not cool as I was running a client meeting and couldn't share my screen. Grrrr.

yeoalice329
Listener

Hi Guys, you may update the latest version of Zoom software, I just did that, it works perfectly for me now.

@Nikkadimis As @yeoalice329 mentioned this issue was due to a bug which has been fixed after version 5.11.3. Our devs have informed our community team that users should not have to change the file name anymore as long as you have a version > 5.11.3.  Please update your Zoom client to  resolve this issue.

Thank you both for your contributions!
Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi, I just got this message today in the middle of a class I was teaching; I am running version 5.11.6 -- so apparently this fix did not help.  Do you have ideas -- it is REALLY disruptive.

I still have the error 105035 occurring today.   Any help?

I just installed the update and it worked. I can share my screen now. Thx

anagsoares
Listener

5.11.6 (9890) this error start after I brake up the rooms.  Now I cant share my screem. How can I fix?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @anagsoares @rebeccavich  I found out that this type of issue may also be caused if the Cptservice is not be running properly.

Please try these recommended troubleshooting steps.

Open Task Manager and go to Detail > Cptservice

1. End the Cptservice process
  2. Open Zoom Client and try to start screen sharing. Note: cptservice should start immediately.

Let me know how it goes! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I'm use macOS how can I finish the ctpservice? This not show on my taskmanager

anagsoares
Listener

When I restart my computer the problem solve.. and then, happens again... I think this is serious BUG and needs to be fix Urgently, because I'm trainer and I need to share my screen all day. And if the root cause is not resolved, many people will have to switch platform.

Im very sorry to hear that, we will make sure to update our devs with this issue. In the meantime, on a Mac, you can navigate to the following path Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/Frameworks/ then modify the folder name from “CptHost.app” to “cpthost.app” - see image.

cpt.png

I appreciate your patience as we investigate further. 

Thank you. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thanks. I followed the instructions and I'll test tomorrow..

I've tried all the steps listed and have updated my Zoom client to 5.12.2 on MacOS 13. Should be no issue with MacOS since Google Meet can share my screen with no issues. Please advice, I will have to use another service for my team in the interim. 

Hi @solceure!
Please uninstall and reinstall the Zoom desktop client by following these steps:
Open Applications > right-click on the Zoom application > Show package contents > open Contents > open Frameworks > use the ZoomUninstaller file.
54c28101-0fe0-4960-8ccf-ba348cca41c2.png
Then reinstall Zoom from Zoom.us/download and attempt to sign in and start a test meeting to check if the issue still persists.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Owen9916
Listener

I got this error code 105035 while I am trying to share my screen in this two weeks.

and I have reinstall my client version as 5.12.2(9281). but the issus is still there, not sloved.........😱

Hi @Owen9916! Can you try checking to see if you are using Apple File System Case-sensitive via Disk Utility?

4b1e336f-1716-4f20-8363-051299f8466a.png

If you are, please navigate to the following path Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/Frameworks/ then modify the folder name from “CptHost.app” to “cpthost.app”.

Let me know if that works!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Could you speak normal speak?  I am getting error code 105035 all the time now.  Never did before in four years of zoom use.  What changed?????

All participants can screen share, but not me -- the host!  What's up?

Hi @jayjr49, I am so sorry for the delayed response! The easiest way I have found for locating the file path is to open the Finder and then type Command + Shift + G while in any Finder window. You will then paste /Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/Frameworks

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 12.59.43 PM.png

Select this option and locate CptHost.app.

Hope this helps!

Carla

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

No Apple IOS, I am using Win10....

and I didnot find the cpthost.exe process as well...

Hi @Owen9916 , I believe the directions I stated above are unique to Mac systems. Are you also receiving error 105035? 

Keep me updated!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hello, I am using Windows 10 OS, and I found this below , What shall I do now?

Owen9916_0-1669010671556.png

Once I found the path, it worked!