cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a published summit (or making a summit a draft)

CuttingCookies
Listener

We are looking at hosting a summit through Zoom Events, however in getting familiar with the setup, we found that once we published the summit, we were no longer able to go back and make adjustments.

We anticipate that as we approach our event date, some adjustments will need to be made in the sessions themselves and the speakers, or that we may want to include different text in the description or other aspects of the summit, yet I could find no way to make any modifications other than removing the entire summit and starting over.

Is this expected behavior or are we just missing something? How do others handle this? We don't have all of our speakers nailed down yet, but we'd like to start setting up speaker bios, entering in the schedule, and allowing those who have already committed to start practicing, as well as opening up our lobby earlier rather than later.

I don't see any way to save a summit as a draft either (in other words, entering in data and uploading pictures, but not pressing the publish button at the end and just saving.

Your help is so appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

in the left navigation menu there is EVENTS on the top.  Click on it and then you see your event.  on the right there are ... where you get the option to EDIT your event.  Not very intuitive, but its there...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OK_now
Listener

I recall reading that once a ticket is sold, certain  aspects of the event are locked from editing. Like you I'm planning an event and very much trying to figure it out. I hope what I read isn't the final answer, so I'll be following here to see what folks say.

@OK_now wrote:

I recall reading that once a ticket is sold, certain  aspects of the event are locked from editing. 

We didn't sell tickets, so I don't think that's it. I'm at a loss to explain this, as it seems like an absurd oversight.

DeniseLahat

Yes, this is a limitation which makes the product not usable yet as far as I am concerned.  But from my conversations with the Zoom Events Product owner and manager it should be fixed in the post Zoomtopia release.  You are welcome to join my FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros

DeniseLahat

in the left navigation menu there is EVENTS on the top.  Click on it and then you see your event.  on the right there are ... where you get the option to EDIT your event.  Not very intuitive, but its there...