cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitor PPT share issues + Disapearing Mouse Cursor

zapstream
Listener

Working with three Macbook Pro's with an ATEM switcher, noticing the following issues with Main presentation Mac, and QC Mac

Signal Flow -

Mac#1 connected to ATEM, via HDMI - use only to feed audio, or video playback into webinar

Mac#2 connected to ATEM, via HDMI - Main PPT Presentation machine (dual monitor, "Not Mirrored" screens

Mac#3 connected to ATEM, via HDMI - QC, used mainly to view live Preso's / also used for corporate email, via second monitor

[Not using ATEM to switch sources per se, mainly using as still store, and to switch mic, and music from Mac#1 on/off]

Issues

1. with Mac#2  - Zoom window on Mac Retina display, and PPT deck on external monitor.   Sharing PowerPoint application [Not Screen] and Monitors NOT mirrored, I see the slides full screen on the Retina in presentation model however, on Mac#3/QC I see in sort mode.

Also, the Retina display on Mac#2 is now full screen (slide show mode) with the PPT and I can't access other Mac applications/desktop unless I click back on the external monitor.

2.  The mouse will vanish moving between the external monitor, and the Retina display on Mac#2   This means I might not be able to unmute people, launch polls, etc..    I have revered to not using the external monitor which I need for real estate.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

It sounds like you have a combination project to figure out.

1. In PowerPoint I think you need to go to Slide Show Setup menu and define what monitors you want PPT to display onto.
  2. In the new Mac OS's the multi-monitor configuration has changed quite a bit. There is a ton of flexibility, but it takes awhile to get a grasp of what is being offered. I had to first know exactly what I wanted as an outcome. And then I had to admittedly read very slowly in the Mac monitor setup to really understand what I should expect when selecting different options.

I know my response isn't a direct solution, but I've been where you are, and it's not a simple typed response for the solution.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen