cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable ability to forward and view "Webinar On Demand" recording

blbeesley
Listener

I have created a Webinar to use with "Webinar on Demand."

I have also created the necessity for registration and approval to be able to watching the recording.

However, once someone registers, is approved, and the receives the link to watch the recording, is there a way to disable the ability for them to forward that link to someone else (who hasn't registered and isn't approved)?

What's the point of registration & approval if only one individual is necessary to register & be approved and then from that point they can can simply share the email link with whoever they choose?

12 REPLIES 12

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

Have you tested this?  As far as i can see the link will always bring you back to the registration form.  Anyway you can always enable "require authentication" if you want to be strict about who can watch the recording.  Or you can use Zoom Events if its more than 1 webinar.

Denise,

My testing is what prompted my post. I tested it both within and outside of my organization. In every case, if someone was sent the link to view the Webinar on Demand no prompt for registration was ever required. I also tested it with "require authentication" and had the same result.   😞

DeniseLahat

ok, have you submitted a report with zoom?  spoken to support?

Yes, ma'am. I did after I created this post.

DeniseLahat

are you sure you tested it correctly? 

Yes, ma'am. I confirmed with Zoom.

DMcGowan
Listener

Hi there, wondering if you ever received a resolution on this?

On demand will be a priority for us too but given events is tied to the account I assumed the analytics and permissions would also be tied to that user - from what I read on your post it seems this isn't the case?? I would be looking for reports also on who (which registered users) watched the video and for how long...oh boy...

I did not receive a resolution. My understanding is that this functionality is not yet possible. 

DMcGowan
Listener

Bummer. Okay. ..Thanks.

DMcGowan
Listener

If you are talking about Zoom Events Webinars I received this response from support.

Are recording links shareable between participants (i.e. participants receive an email with the link)? Want to make sure they are not.

DeniseLahat

correct.  and another thing.  the original question if for webinar on demand which is different than zoom events.  Webinar on demand link recording link can be configured not to be sharable.

Denise, in my testing I discovered that a webinar on demand link is not able to be configured to not be shareable. Once  an individual has received the link for the webinar on demand, they can then forward that link to whomever they desire, and that new individual (without need of registration and/or approval) can view the webinar