cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Country in Webinar Registrations

MarkR
Listener

When attendees register for our Zoom webinars, the country field in the registration form defaults to the United States when we are in Australia. This results in many registrants selecting the US as their country and not selecting a State, making us miss essential data and collecting incorrect data.

How can we set a default country for Webinar Registrations? If this is not possible, can Zoom detect Country and auto-default to the correct country?

8 REPLIES 8

Andrian
Listener

I too, have the same issue on the Meeting Registration form, and we too are based in Australia. In our case, the Country/Region defaults to 'United Kingdom', and the State/Province to 'Other'. 

I've searched for and tried various things to change this.

How can we set a default Country/Region and State/Province for Zoom meetings?

If not possible, I also request that Zoom either detect where possible, or assume defaults based on other country-specific settings used during meeting setup.

cmkt
Listener

Having the same problem here in Canada. It's really annoying. I want to collect data on "province," but to do that, I have to add "country" to the list of registration questions, because without it they only get a dropdown of US States. But I don't actually want people to have to go to that giant list of countries. Virtually 100% of our webinar attendees are calling in from Canada.

JoshuaAIA
Listener

I have the same problem. On another post a Zoom Moderator unhelpfully pointed towards a knowledge article devoted to changing the country dial-in code defaults. The issue isn't the call in country code default, but the registration country default -- we are in the UK. We will miss significant data if registrants do not choose to select their actual country because the default in the United States. Is there really no option to change the country default?

JBee
Listener

I'm trying to register for a webinar. Both the organizer and me are in Canada.
The registration form requires that I identify my province, but none is shown in the list (only US states)!
The form only accepts items from the list.
Apparently, my status does not allow submitting a ticket.
Now what? Do I have to get a US passport? No way! ...
See screen capture below:
NoProvinceListed.jpg

learngistics
Listener

I also wish this feature existed.  My only work around would be to create a custom question with the provinces as dropdown answers.  But that would only make sense if all participants came from Canada.  

heleneperras
Listener

Same problem here! Our clients are based in Canada. We would like to add the Canadian provinces to the drop down menu in the registration field for state-province. This is fairly basic!

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There is no auto detection of country, but please review your Zoom settings as I can pick any supported  country and then the appropriate provinces or states are displayed.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 8.02.45 AM.png

Here is the Australia selection;

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 7.56.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 7.57.04 AM.png

Same thing for Canada

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 7.59.53 AM.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204619915-Scheduling-a-webinar-with-registration 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Striver
Listener

It's 2024 and they still haven't fixed this 😑

Needed this for Canada, trying to avoid a million questions on the form and wanted it to default to Canadian Provinces. Could not do that. 

My quick fix: Create a custom question, required, under Province.