cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing (Multiple) Email Templates for Individual Webinars

GeneJockey
Listener

Is there any way to save multiple versions of customized templates used for various webinar emails?

I am thinking in particular about Panelist invitations and post webinar follow-ups and such like. I know that I can customize these emails (and do so) at the *account* level, but is there a way to do so at the individual *webinar* level?

For example, if I use the left navigation to go to “Account Management > Webinar Settings” I can see the ‘universal’ email template for inviting a Panelist. I can edit that. But as soon as I edit it and save it, the edited version becomes the ‘new’ universal template that will be used for every single panelist invitation until I either revert/restore it back to the default or edit it again.

I set up multiple webinars, many in recurring series. I invite different panelists to each webinar and/or webinar occurrence and I want to make the invitations more personal than the universal email template. But as soon as I personalize any email for Panelist 1 in Webinar 1, that becomes the new default so that the SAME email goes to any other panelist in any other webinar set up under that account, making the personalization useless.

If I want to personalize an email to Panelist 2 in Webinar 2, I have to delete or edit the “Invite Panelist Email template” I used for Panelist 1 and start all over again. But then THAT one becomes the universal template for all other panel invitations I make until I change/edit it again. And on and on.

I would like to know if it is possible to establish more than one “Invite Panelist Email” template in the account so I could set up multiple versions and use the one that is most appropriate.

The same goes for other email templates, such as the “Reminder Email” or the “Attendees Follow-Up Email” templates, all of which I personalize beyond the default.

Is this possible? I cannot find any way to establish more than one email template at a time for these functions. That seems a HUGE shortcoming for such an otherwise sophisticated piece of software.

Since there is an ability to establish a Webinar Template to be replicated to other webinars, why can't email templates be part of that? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, this is not something that's currently available.  Thank you for the feedback!  At this time, all feature requests are managed within our https://zoom.us/feed submission form. We encourage you to submit this idea there, where the information will reach the relevant product team for review.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Arps

Hello, this is not something that's currently available.  Thank you for the feedback!  At this time, all feature requests are managed within our https://zoom.us/feed submission form. We encourage you to submit this idea there, where the information will reach the relevant product team for review.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

Thanks for this. I did take your advice and posted the suggestion to Zoom feedback.

Although it may no doubt be technically challenging, conceptually at least it seems to me to be a no-brainer to add individualized email templates into the overall webinar templates that can be replicated from webinar to webinar. There are so many settings that can be saved in a webinar template so that you can have consistency from webinar to webinar, and the ability to add a customized email templates should be one of them in my view.