cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating registration link before purchasing Webinar subscription

kom81
Listener

I plan on hosting a Webinar event in the middle of Nov, but I don’t want to purchase a Webinar subscription until it’s within one of that date (so that I don’t have to pay more than one month for the subscription).  However, I’d like to send a registration link to potential attendants now.  Is there a way to create a registration link for this Webinar event now, even though I haven’t purchased the Webinar subscription yet?  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@kom81,

With Zoom, you have the ability to schedule a meeting with registration, then convert it to a webinar (once you have the license). When converting from meeting to webinar, the registration URL will remain the same, those who have already registered can still join with the same link as before, and meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar. 

Steps to complete this are below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042761551-Converting-meetings-and-webinars#h_01G3CSQZDY...

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

Thank you for the reply.  That's very helpful.  I also found the link below that explains how to enable registration for a meeting (as I'd like to be able to send a registration link to potential attendants as soon as possible)

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration

The link mentions a "registration section" that you should see when you select the edit option for an existing meeting.  However, when I select the edit option for an existing meeting in my Zoom account, I don't see a registration section.  Is the registration section not available for a free Zoom account (which is all I have right now)?

Thanks.

ccameron

Correct.

In order to host a meeting with registration, you must be a paid licensed user.

Okay, thanks.  If we wanted to send registration links out before buying Webinar subscription (or Events subscription), could we do that by just buying the cheaper Pro subscription for now?  Then, when we later upgrade to Webinar (or Events subscription), the registration link that we had previously sent out to people would remain the same?  Thanks.

ccameron

Right. As mentioned in my original response:

When converting from meeting to webinar, the registration URL will remain the same, those who have already registered can still join with the same link as before, and meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar. 

Once you purchase your webinar add-on, you'll follow the steps from my below reply and should be all set! 

We are planning on scheduling a meeting and sending out a registration link for this meeting. Then, later on, we will upgrade this meeting to a webinar. This has worked from us in the past. I just wanted to double check something.

At the link you noted in the above (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042761551-Converting-meetings-and-webinars#h_01G3CSQZDY...), I noticed that it states that the "registration link will change slightly" when upgrading from a meeting to a webinar. Is this new? Based on your response above I was thinking that the link would not change when updgarding.

If the link does change, will the old link continue to work?

kom81
Listener

Thank you.  Also, I'd like to get a registration report from a previous Webinar we had on June 2nd.  I guess I'd need to get Pro in order to access that?   Also, even if I get Pro now, would that report still be available, or does the data from that Webinar get deleted after the Pro subscription has been expired for a while?

ccameron

@kom81,

Please refer to the notes and prerequisites at the link below:

• Meetings must be hosted by a paid account to create reports. Upgrading your account will not generate reports for meetings hosted before the upgrade. 
  • Meeting IDs are automatically deleted 30 days after the scheduled date or the date last used, and are removed from the Previous Meetings page in the web portal. This is the same effect as manually deleting the meeting. Registration reports are also deleted with the ID, although Polling reports will be available for up to 12 months. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/216378603-Meeting-registration-and-polling-reports

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.