cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Green Room for Speakers/Panelists in Webinar

testusername
Listener

Hello all! I have a question. I'm producing a large webinar with 300 attendees in the next couple weeks.  
The Webinar will have 4 "panelists" which will be the ones having a discussion with each other. The remaining 300 attendees are there simply to watch/listen. 

How do I create a "GreenRoom" type of place where the panelists can join and I can get them setup technically, make sure their sound and lighting is good, and THEN move them into the main webinar where they can begin the event?  RIght now it seems a little sloppy to just have them join and everyone in the webinar is allowed to see all the setup!  Any ideas how to make this work? 

thanks!

Brad

5 REPLIES 5

kb4
Listener

Hi Brad,

You should be able to enable the practice session for your webinar which will allow you to set up everyone's audio/video without the attendees seeing that.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206316975-Webinar-practice-session

MattMorris
Listener

We have tried to use the practice session, but finding panelists are not able to join until the webinar goes live. anyone else having this problem?

ISAPoliTO
Listener

When programming the webinar you have to enable the practice session.

The practice session allows you to set up and  check the settings before starting your webinar. The practice session is accessible by the host, co-hosts and panelist.

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Brad,

You can enable a "Practice Session" in your Webinar - or you could just run a separate private Meting right before your main event to prep and meet your speakers.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

GregMandry
Listener

A practice session not a green room a green room would be like a private breakout room that the organisers can go to at anytime to disscus things outside of the the webinar while the main webinar takes place? is this possibe?