cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting meeting to webinar

bcoimbra
Listener

I mistakenly set up a meeting (and have 136 registrants so far) and want to convert it to a webinar.  I have the plan that gives me Webinar 500.  How can I convert the meeting to a webinar?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@bcoimbra,

Do you have a screenshot you can share? Have you confirmed this meeting is not tied to your PMI (personal meeting ID)? Have you confirmed you have a webinar license assigned to you?

I have attached a screenshot of where you should see this option in the web portal.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Hi there,

I'm Melissa Chimera at *********** and at 808-280-2669. (Please don't email me at ***********)

I just purchased a Webinar monthly plan for *********** and I need to convert the meeting to webinar, but I am getting this

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.56.35 PM.png

but when I try to add registered user under WEBINAR plan settings (I already tried exiting and re-logging in as ***********) it says this

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.58.18 PM.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ccameron

@bcoimbra,

Step by step directions for the conversion from meeting to webinar is below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042761551-Converting-meetings-and-webinars

@ccameron,

Thanks for your response.  I did follow those instructions but I did not see the option to 'convert to webinar' next to the start/end time area.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

ccameron

@bcoimbra,

Do you have a screenshot you can share? Have you confirmed this meeting is not tied to your PMI (personal meeting ID)? Have you confirmed you have a webinar license assigned to you?

I have attached a screenshot of where you should see this option in the web portal.

@ccameron 

Thanks SO much for sending the screenshot.  I was looking at the top of the page and did not see the link at the bottom.  Your screenshot showed me exactly where to look and I did have that option, clicked convert and I am good to go!  So thankful!

Hi there,

I'm Melissa Chimera at *********** and at 808-280-2669. (Please don't email me at ***********)

I just purchased a Webinar monthly plan for *********** and I need to convert the meeting to webinar, but I am getting this

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.56.35 PM.png

but when I try to add registered user under WEBINAR plan settings (I already tried exiting and re-logging in as ***********) it says this

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.58.18 PM.png

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I suspect that although you have paid for an upgraded webinar account, you have not actually assigned the licence. This is what your screenshot indicates. You have a webinar licence free in your account but not assigned to a user.

Zoom does not do this part for yow. You will need to act as the account admin and assign the upgraded licence to your account.

Assigning a single license
Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
Click User Management, then Users.
Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license. (Your own account)
Click Edit at the end of the user row.
This will open a window.
Choose the User Type to assign.
After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license.

Assign add-ons by checking the boxes for the add-on.
Add-on licenses may include Large Meeting, Zoom Webinars, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Sessions, Zoom IQ for Sales, Zoom Whiteboard Plus, and Zoom Translated Captions.
Click Save.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-Zoom-licenses 
The webinar license is now applied and you can use it immediately to convert the meeting to a webinar as discussed earlier in this thread.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

melissachimera
Listener

omg THANK YOU!!!