cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to social media

CathySegalGarci
Listener

I'm having issues connecting to streaming.  Used to be fine.  I use Re-stream to connect to both Facebook and Youtube for a live show.  Now, more than not, it stops and doesn't go thru.  It says I don't have permission to stream.  I've gone to Re-stream, deleted Facebook and added it back...which has worked in the recent past.  But today didn't work.  I just don't know what the answer is!

3 REPLIES 3

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

I've noticed Facebook not retaining my login info right before stream time; lately, I'll sign out of FB, clear cache, restart the browser, and re-sign into FB before launching the FB or custom live stream startup in Zoom. See if you can do a test run prior to your next session to be on the safe side. 

Hope this helps...

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

afaq
Listener

I'm also  having issues connecting to streaming.  Used to be fine.  I use Re-stream to connect to both Facebook and instagram for a live show.  Now, more than not, it stops and doesn't go thru.  It says I don't have permission to stream. 

anissat

Meta (Facebook and Instagram) has been reorganizing and moving tools, and accordingly, account access info, to its revamped Business Studio (formerly Creator Studio). You may want to double-check that you have provided the proper credentials (user/pass, MFA/2FA or other security features, and Page Role permissions, etc.) to both Facebook and Instagram before starting your Zoom session. (This did the trick for me.) Also, make sure that you're telling Zoom to connect with the correct page for live streaming; if you manage multiple pages, it could be trying to point to the wrong one, causing an error.

Also, check your ReStream account and make sure all settings are up-to-date; reconnect/reauthenticate your connections and do a test run to see if your stream is fixed.

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat