cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud recording shared screen with speaker view layout

ElizaKC
Listener

Hello,

I regularly use Zoom and publish recorded meetings and webinars, we always use the shared screen with speaker view. This used to appear as 3/4 shared screen with a smaller image of the speaker centered to the right of it.

Recently since Jan 2023 this has appeared as the shared screen with a small thumbnail in the top right corner. Please see the attached examples.

I have tried troubleshoot this myself but haven't come across any information on it and can't see any settings that may have changed.

Can anyone advise whether this is an update, or is this simply a setting that has changed.

Thanks,

Eliza

3 REPLIES 3

dboken
Listener

Same problem...

amistry
Listener

Experiencing the same issue? Do we know if there is a resolution to this problem? It is available as an option for local recording, but can't seem to locate similar settings for cloud recording. Not ideal as the speaker view overwrites the content on the top RHS 😞 

Jennife
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi Eliza,

I am afraid you've misunderstood the feature. The first picture is an in-meeting screenshot, the cloud recording layout has always been like the one in the second picture.

Here are 2 workarounds that may meet your requirements, hope it's useful.

1. Use local recording, and choose to see the side-by-side view in the meeting.

2. For cloud recording, you can choose to add the setting to record video and share separately so that you can view the isolated screenshare content and video when you play the recording online

Jennife_0-1701927606092.png