cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Closed Captions during a Live Webinar

neuroimmune
Listener

I need some advice. We are hosting a live event via webinar and due to ADA requirements need to allow closed captions. The only way I can figure out how to have closed captions for a live webinar is to manually enter the captions. This is not doable for us due to the event being hours long for two days. Does anyone have any recommendations on setting or third party apps that we could use to have automatic closed captions set up for during a live event and not just for the recording?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @neuroimmune.

No need for outside apps. Zoom does this natively now ā€” is just called Live Transcription. Here are a few resources for you:

Let me know if you need more info. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hello,

I need some advice about using closed captioning when using two different computers. We have a (mother) computer for our in-person speaker to use with his PowerPoint presentation. Which is visible to a live and online audience.

The support staff uses another computer to record the presentation for the online audience. When the closed captioning is activated on the mother computer there are two issues:

1. There is a grey box that needs to be moved around visible to in-person attendees as it blocks out part of the presentation.

2. The speaker is unable to advance the slides (with a remote slide advancer.) The support staff needs to manually advance the slides.

Is there a work around in the Zoom platform for this?  

Thank you,

Pam Kirkey

ISAPoliTO
Listener

Hi!

There is an option that allows me to set the max row's number of the showed captions?

Or that allows me to set the length of pause in speech that refresh th window showing captions?

I don't like that the window captions takes up too much space if the speaker speaks for a long time...

Does anyone know if these customizations are possible? Thanks!

Isa