cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you play a video for attendees in a webinar while still in a practice session?

Jaredellis
Listener

Im producing a hybrid event that is coming up and my client would like to play a prerecorded trivia video prior to the webinar for virtual attendees while the presenters are in the practice mode. Is it possible to set up a waiting room in a webinar and play a video for attendees while they wait? does anyone have experience/insight on this? I have contingency plan if not. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi! Webinar does not have a waiting room. Before host hits the start button, they only see the start screen (with the title and time).

A best practice is to gather your panelists early for a pre-brief, and then start the live webinar a little earlier than the set time, but you stay muted and off video. Share your screen showing a slide show that automatically advances (maybe add some computer music too!). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi! Webinar does not have a waiting room. Before host hits the start button, they only see the start screen (with the title and time).

A best practice is to gather your panelists early for a pre-brief, and then start the live webinar a little earlier than the set time, but you stay muted and off video. Share your screen showing a slide show that automatically advances (maybe add some computer music too!). 

Thanks! That was going to be my backup plan, glad to know my initial thought was right and I wasn't missing some setting that was glaringly obvious lol.  Im going to work with my AV team to see if we can integrate OBS to make something more aesthetic. Thanks again for your insight! 🙂 

mgoggie
Listener

My 2c is that it would be very useful to be able to set an image or video to play to attendees while in the practice session.