cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you broadcast messages to attendees waiting to enter a webinar?

JRB
Listener

When a host or panelist is running late or having a lot of difficulties getting set up, it would be great to be able to broadcast a message to attendees who are waiting to be let into the webinar. I understand you can do this with meeting "waiting rooms," but not when you are in a webinar "practice session." Are there any plans to add this invaluable feature to the host controls during a webinar? It is not something you can plan for (despite leaving 30 minutes to get set up, I would have used this feature two times in the last month), but it is so important to let attendees know what to expect when things are going awry. 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @JRB –

First, volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t have a way to handle feature requests. Please use this Zoom web page to make a feature request directly to Zoom staff:
https://www.zoom.us/feed

Secondly, I’d recommend having a small PowerPoint file with a slide that says “Sorry for the delay, our Webinar will begin about 5 minutes later than scheduled.”  Share that and let the attendees in. Find some public domain or royalty-free background music, and if you have an update later, be brave and turn your audio and video on — explain the situation. Don’t leave them out in the cold wondering what’s going on – even if you get some sort of message option. Be a host! Bring them in! Talk up the upcoming speaker!  More of your audience would appreciate that than wouldn’t.  Just my 2 cents as a solo Zoom event facilitator. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !